Hardcore Sledder banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made a decision to return all donated moneys. I sincerely appreaciate everyone's thoughts and sentiments, but please understand that this whole issue done in this way leaves me and HCS open to criticism.

THANK YOU everyone, but this is the only way. :)

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
how do you figure that hcs would be bad mouthed when the members are helping to keep the website they come on everyday to learn and give ideas alive? not sure if i agree with your decision, i haven't donated either, but i would if need be, just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
This is how it is...please accept Rob's decision as final..

I will be refunding all paypal monies..

I will also be crediting all credit card contributions tomorrow. This may take a little while to show up on your account...

Any checks etc. that show up will be torn up, unless return is requested. All money orders will be returned.

Thank you all, and thank you Rob.

This was a great gesture, but I know from Robs point it does not seem fair and really defeats the purpose of what this site actually means to everyone.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Just got my refund notice. Kinda pi$$ed about it. It's like kickin' in for the Keg and being told your money isn't welcome. I knew you wouldn't like the idea Rob but that's what surprises are for. I still think it was a good idea. <_<

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
I also think it was a good idea...But, put yourself in Robs shoes..please.. I know from talking to him he thought it was so cool...But again, it has nothing to do with money, time etc...Just that if you don't feel right doing something, then you will always have that knot in your stomach...

Guys just say thanks to Rob and that is enough, he really shouldn't have to now feel weird for NOT accepting it...Give him a little break..

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
676 Posts
Rob,

If this how you feel I respect that. Your site has helped me and I know will continue to do so. If you will not take any donations then I will just say thanks for your exsprience and help this riding season.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
It's cool ;) . Like I said before-I knew Rob wouldn't like the idea but since I haven't had the chance to buy him a beer-this seemed like a good way to show some appreciation.

...Anyhow-THANKS FOR THE SITE ROB!!!

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Rob,

If this how you feel I respect that. Your site has helped me and I know will continue to do so. If you will not take any donations then I will just say thanks for your exsprience and help this riding season.[/b]
It's cool  . Like I said before-I knew Rob wouldn't like the idea but since I haven't had the chance to buy him a beer-this seemed like a good way to show some appreciation.

...Anyhow-THANKS FOR THE SITE ROB!!![/b]

both these perfect....well except......"exsprience" :wacko:

·
Registered
362 Posts
it would be nice if all us sleddars could get together and make a donation for that poor dog sledder thats laying in hospital bed all busted up from being run down by a snowmobiler.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Originally posted by mark white@Mar 6 2003, 08:25 PM
it would be nice if all us sleddars could get together and make a donation for that poor dog sledder thats laying in hospital bed all busted up from being run down by a snowmobiler.
Mark, that's the best idea I've heard of in a long, long time. If someone has the time and energy to put that together, I'll kick in $50. It'll show that we ain't a bunch of ruthless criminals. Good press too! Who is this dogsledder? Anymore details?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
first...thanks to all those that donated for rob...second...I have spoken at length with rob, and although I disagree with his decision, I will respect it. In a perfect world this would have been fantastic way to show our appreciation.....unfortunately this world isn't perfect and all it takes is a few bad apples to make the whole barrel go bad. Again thanks to all that put in time and their hard earned money to show their appreciation for rob, and although he won't accept the donations he has expressed that he knows through our actions that he is truly appreciated.

Thank you all again for your time and interest in this endeavor and also for all of the great and reliable information that I have recieved as a member of HCS...without rob and the membership I'm sure my season wouldn't have been as great as it has been.

Thanks again to all,

Brian "firecat513"

·
Registered
362 Posts
i only know what i have read on this site in the past few days. i believe it happened in New Hampshire,and the person responsible has been caught.i also read the dog sledder was left on the trail(hit and run) and rescued by another snowmobiler.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Here's the story. Tough guy!

Law colleagues of a dogsledder from Cumberland who was seriously injured when a snowmobile hit him in New Hampshire posted a $10,000 reward Monday for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the machine's operator.

Stephen Hessert, 51, was listed in fair condition at Maine Medical Center in Portland after undergoing five hours of surgery Sunday on both legs. More surgery is scheduled for today.

Hessert was on a training run on a logging road northeast of Berlin, N.H., on Saturday with his team of 16 dogs when he was hit from behind by the snowmobile, which did not stop. The incident occurred as darkness was setting in and temperatures were around 15 below zero.

"He survived because he is a very courageous and tough man," said Bob Hanson, managing partner of Hessert's Portland law firm, Norman Hanson & Detroy. "Once he was hit and he realized that both legs were broken, it was only through force of will that he managed to climb into the sleeping bag he carried on the sled, because he knew he would freeze if he didn't get in it."

The impact of the crash was so great that it knocked both of Hessert's boots off, Hanson said. "He was hit from behind. He didn't see it. He remembers hearing it, and he said it sounded like an explosion."

Hessert was unconscious when another snowmobiler found him, apparently close to an hour after he was hit.

The crash occurred less than two months after Hessert's farmhouse was badly damaged by fire. He and his wife, Louise, lost all of their belongings in the Christmas Eve blaze and were living in a trailer while they rebuilt. The couple have two sons attending college.

Hanson said he hopes that the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association will join in the search for the hit-and-run driver, and that the reward will be of help.

"I'm hopeful that someone has the courage and conscience to come forward. People know who did it," he said. He quoted a warden as saying that there was a party in the area at the time and that he was interviewing people who attended it.

Capt. Tim Acerno of the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department, who was leading the investigation into Saturday's crash, could not be reached for comment.

The crash occurred on a straightaway that covers more than 400 yards, Hanson said. "It's a stretch that only the locals know about," he said, indicating that investigators believe that the driver lives in the area.

Hessert has been training and racing sled dogs for more than 20 years, and had taken his team on a 70-mile tuneup for the upcoming Can Am Crown race, a 250-mile circuit in Fort Kent.

The dogs were uninjured in the crash and were returned to his racing kennel.

Steve Crone of Bethel, who trains and runs dogs with Hessert, said the dogs were lying in front of Hessert's sled when help arrived.

"He apparently used a snow hook," he said. "He was able to keep his wits about him, even while he was fading in and out of consciousness, to secure a dog team in that situation. It's amazing."

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Rob...I understand your position. Thanks again for such a great site. Hell, let's take the money and throw HCS summer party near you and get a chance to meet a bunch of us...hehehehehe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by peter@Mar 6 2003, 09:27 PM
Rob...I understand your position. Thanks again for such a great site. Hell, let's take the money and throw HCS summer party near you and get a chance to meet a bunch of us...hehehehehe
I have absolutly no reservations accepting all the free beer that anyone will offer :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
827 Posts
i respect your decision rob, maybe some day we can cross paths, and i will buy you a beer or two or three,or more lol, thanks again rob this site is worth more to me than i can say,

thanks again for your hard work

mike,,

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well, I guess I won't send the money order I got today :(

Thanks Rob,

Long live the FIRECAT and HARDCORESLEDDER.COM

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Rob,
I'm trying to work out a weekend (16-18, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) with
the boss. If I can, I'll be up in the NEK of course. I owe you a lunch (and a couple
of those beers you just requested). Anyone else that rides around the Island Pond
Vermont area should join us. Email me if anyone is interested. We should try to get
as many of us together as possible. I know people work, so maybe that Sunday
would be the best day. Let's see what we can put together.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.