Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,346 Posts
Thanks for sharing that video :div20: Hopefully I'll never have to use those techniques but it is sure good to know.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
looks cold, i wouldnt ever do that just for no reason, burrr

·
Registered
30 Posts
The only sleds i've ever seen go through the ice are ones going under about 10 mph or stoped on a creek. therefor go fast and you don't need ice! I've had ice breaking under my sled on creeks but I sped up to 80+ and got out og dodge. at 80 or faster you really don't need ice.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You really don't need ice if you are ALWAYS going fast when you are on ice, but what happens if you happen to be going slow and there is breakage? Can you always count on being able to gas your way out? Watch the video anyway as just as often you will be saving someone else who didn't do things right or just got caught at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Every year, somebody out there living and breathing right now will be dead from this type of accident. This vid can help you save them, keep from becoming a victom too, or save your own skin if it does happen to you.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I went through, it sucks. Blew a belt on the lake, stepped off the sled and next thing you know I am in water over my nuts. Sled stayed up, hoped back on, changed the belt while standing on the sled (don't ask), fired it back up and had 20 of the coldest miles in my memory.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
I've seen that video before, it should be pinned. I learned some stuff I never knew before. I lost an uncle about 21 years ago when he went through the ice. Serious shit folks, don't mess around.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I went through, it sucks. Blew a belt on the lake, stepped off the sled and next thing you know I am in water over my nuts. Sled stayed up, hoped back on, changed the belt while standing on the sled (don't ask), fired it back up and had 20 of the coldest miles in my memory.[/b]
Thats crazy, sounds a little tricky also. i couldnt change a belt while standing on my sled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.