Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a switch for ethanol on my 03' firecat, how will my machine benifit from it(clean my engine), and is it ment for e85 or 100 percent ethanol?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where do i get this ethanol

·
Registered
385 Posts
It is ment for 5% ethy. TO get the same power you need about 3% more or it will run lean. So AC puts in 3% more fuel across the map in ethy mode. Ethy is the future even if it will totaly wreck any under gound water supply if splilled.[/b]
DonoBBD
You are mentioning 5%, In my manual it says that you are good up to 15% (or 10% can't remember) and fuel from Sunoco (others too I think) say that the fuel is mixed to a maximum of 10% (max legal limit for fuel mix). (I thought all fuel companies were mixing ethanol at 10% now but I was at an Esso station the other day and I could not find the disclaimer on the pump advising that the fuel contained ethonal)

Are we talking about the same thing here? or is there another ethanol mix I am not aware of??

I thought the Ethanol switch was for those times when you had no choice but to buy Ethanol gas (Green handle at the pump)

Doug

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Matryx 850 Switchback Assault 146
2,714 Posts
Esso pumps here in Sudbury say, may contain 10% ethenol,

-will that hurt perfomance?
-do i unplug the wire?

thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't worry about the Ethanol it won't hurt a bit. To plug or unplug will not make much of a difference. IF you don't want to run it that is fine. But remember when you pour in an bottle of iso or some other agent for water you have the same stuff. Also With ethanol you don't need to run any fuel conditioner. And for danno that posted a a few back it's metanol that is bad for ground watter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.