Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain to me the difference in the two. I have had conflicting stories...I have been told to leave the switch on ethanol as much as possible because it runs the motor in a safer mode. Thanks for the help.

Eric

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
well i may be off on this a little but the jist of it is ethanol mode supplies 3% more fuel... some say it runs safer or fatter ( which if it has nothing to do with oil i dont understand )

but all in all the best performance would be regular and your sled should be safe either way, that switch wont be a reason for problems

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't know if it holds true in the other parts of the country.....but I do know that about 90% of the filling stations in the northeast have oxygenated fuel.......whether or not you HAVE to run the sled in Ethenol mode of not I don't know.....but I do run mine that way, and haven't had any problems. I'll sacrifice that little bit of performance when I'm 100 miles from my truck. I don't want to be towed home by my Yamaha riding buddies.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Originally posted by CCC Sniper@Mar 5 2003, 02:52 PM
well i may be off on this a little but the jist of it is ethanol mode supplies 3% more fuel... some say it runs safer or fatter ( which if it has nothing to do with oil i dont understand )

it can run lean because of too much oxygyn/ not enoug fuel... oxiginated fuels have oxygen in them which means the motor will need more fuel to make the equivelent of regular gas

i think thats correct... anyone else???

·
Registered
70 Posts
yes....thats true.....rich/lean is refering to your fuel/air mixture......which is nearly as important in a motor as the correct amount of oil is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts