Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
second anual teezers snowmobile dice run. february 9th. registration starts at 10 am.
last year was a blast, only bout 50 sleds showed but everyone enjoyed themselves. who wouldnt sleds and boobs! i think cost is gonna be 20 bucks again. that gets you in the run, and entry to the club. plus food.
prizes for top finishers and most everyone got something.
i am not part of the planning of this just trying to spread the word. i can try and get any information needed. and you can drop off in the parking lot and ride from there. location is fairview pennsylania. and of coarse we need to pray for snow.

·
Registered
145 Posts
is there enough snow there to ride or do we need the storm to dump some snow to make this event a go? anywhere to stay up that way to make a weekend trip out of this?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we need some snow dumped, bad, theres really been none. its a pretty quick run, maybe 40-50 miles depending on which route you go. but it ends early in the night and theres plenty of time to ride and im sure many people to ride with. theres places to stay around there. quality inn is right on I-90 and you can ride from there. ill try to keep posted on snow forecast.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we need some snow dumped, bad, theres really been none. its a pretty quick run, maybe 40-50 miles depending on which route you go. but it ends early in the night and theres plenty of time to ride and im sure many people to ride with. theres places to stay around there. quality inn is right on I-90 and you can ride from there. ill try to keep posted on snow forecast.

·
Registered
259 Posts
second anual teezers snowmobile dice run. february 9th. registration starts at 10 am.
last year was a blast, only bout 50 sleds showed but everyone enjoyed themselves. who wouldnt sleds and boobs! i think cost is gonna be 20 bucks again. that gets you in the run, and entry to the club. plus food.
i am not part of the planning of this just trying to spread the word. i can try and get any information needed. and you can drop off in the parking lot and ride from there. location is fairview pennsylania. and of coarse we need to pray for snow.[/b]

Are they going to donate some proceeds to Triangle S this year for using their trails?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Are they going to donate some proceeds to Triangle S this year for using their trails?[/b]
as of now we have plenty of snow! Fairview where the bar is has around 8-10 inches, and the further you go which I am pretty sure this where they will go has between 2 and 3 feet. thats now though and things could change for sure by then! if weather permits I will prolly attend.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are they going to donate some proceeds to Triangle S this year for using their trails?[/b]
so, everyone who rides trails is a member of a club and contributes their fair share? why dont triangle s try to put a poker run together, or if they do try an advertise it alil better. when motorcycles have poker runs do they contribute to penndot?
dont get me wrong, i know where youre coming from, i give my money every year, but my schedule prohibits me from work on the trails.
as i said before, i am in not affiliated with the poker run in any way other then participating, and trying to spread the word. if triangle s has a complaint about it, maybe they need to discuss it with the people involved. for all i know maybe they are donating money. just trying to spread the word so fellow snowmobilers can have some fun. if you dont agree with it.....well dont attend.

·
Registered
259 Posts
so, everyone who rides trails is a member of a club and contributes their fair share? why dont triangle s try to put a poker run together, or if they do try an advertise it alil better. when motorcycles have poker runs do they contribute to penndot?
dont get me wrong, i know where youre coming from, i give my money every year, but my schedule prohibits me from work on the trails.
as i said before, i am in not affiliated with the poker run in any way other then participating, and trying to spread the word. if triangle s has a complaint about it, maybe they need to discuss it with the people involved. for all i know maybe they are donating money. just trying to spread the word so fellow snowmobilers can have some fun. if you dont agree with it.....well dont attend.[/b]
TriAngle S is a family oriented club. No they are NOT tossing money into this event. It is solely organized by the owner of said "titty bar". Theowner of the"titty bar" is just doing it to bring more people into his "establishment". He is the only one who reaps any benefits.

No I would attend if I was paid to go.

·
Registered
259 Posts
so, everyone who rides trails is a member of a club and contributes their fair share?
Not everyone who rides is a club member of any club, don't assume that.

why dont triangle s try to put a poker run together, or if they do try an advertise it alil better.

Jan27 Triangle S poker run sign up at Weldon's Lodge, for info call 774-2152

when motorcycles have poker runs do they contribute to penndot?

You bet your sweet bippie they do, it's registration which allows them to ride on public highways and roads. Snowmobiles are not allowed to legally travel public highways. Snowmobile registration proceeds does not go to local clubs for trail maintainance.

Not trying to be a prick but just letting you know.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
:beatingdeadhorse:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not trying to be a prick either, but its the same as last year everyone wines about this event. not just triangle s trails are ridden.
i would not expect triangle s to be affiliated with this event. i found out about triangle s poker run just this afternoon. i would have been glad to ride and contribute my money but have previous engagement.
as for the "titty bar" being the only one who reaps benefits i disagree. there is 5 other establishments that benefit from it. last year i had no clue that the beachwood could be a stop for snowmobiles. the golfcoarse next to 90. after the event last year they have said what a great business they do with snowmobiles. specially with elk creek being closed now.
i dont think they reap much benefit from the ride, they give out tons of prizes and have a large spread of food. yes it brings people to the establishment but isnt that what its all about?
yes motorcycles pay registration which allows them to ride public roads, but when theres a bike poker run, arent the establishments gaining profit from the people riding on roads? doesnt a registration on a sled allow them to ride state or local trails? does the establishment or organization kick back any of those profits to the state?
how about bike night at quaker steak and lube, it used to draw in almost 5000 bikes one night i believe! how much money did they bring in that night, who reaped the benefit that night, penndot who registered the bikes? over half those bikes were from out of state.
i think this dead horse is beat!
if you dont want to attend thats fine, if triangle s has a problem maybe they should speak to the owner and voice their opinion. im not saying they have to be part of but maybe hed be willing to kick back money based on amount of sleds that attend that are a member of any club, which as we all know is very nill.
as stated
im just trying to ge the word out so snowmobilers who want to have fun can attend

·
Registered
13 Posts
i am not part of the planning of this just trying to spread the word. i can try and get any information needed. and you can drop off in the parking lot and ride from there. location is fairview pennsylania. and of coarse we need to pray for snow.[/b]
Hey bigwedgies! Do you know if this event is going to be held?(we had no snow on the 9th) Or did they have it with out snow.Don' t really need snow to have drink and look at what is dancing in front of ya. Is the trail marked to teezers or is it ditch banging to get there. Thanks

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Hey bigwedgies! Do you know if this event is going to be held?(we had no snow on the 9th) Or did they have it with out snow.Don' t really need snow to have drink and look at what is dancing in front of ya. Is the trail marked to teezers or is it ditch banging to get there. Thanks[/b]
preety much marked to a certain extent! Head west on the trail say from Mckean, through Fairview High School, follow along rte 98 cross at the trail crossing, next road maybe 1/4 to 1/2 mile is Franklin rd keep heading west along side of a corn field (trail still marked) at the end of the corn field you have to go right just stay headed straight don't take the trail to the left from here on it is not marked to Teasers. Go all the way to rte 20 Teasers is across the street, behind the the big beige and green building.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
preety much marked to a certain extent! Head west on the trail say from Mckean, through Fairview High School, follow along rte 98 cross at the trail crossing, next road maybe 1/4 to 1/2 mile is Franklin rd keep heading west along side of a corn field (trail still marked) at the end of the corn field you have to go right just stay headed straight don't take the trail to the left from here on it is not marked to Teasers. Go all the way to rte 20 Teasers is across the street, behind the the big beige and green building.[/b]
thanks zoe
it is real easy to get to from the trail. i believe theyre gonna try and run it this weekend, theres snow but not great. ill try and find out later tonight the plans. im not sure what the weather outlook is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts