Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the polaris part #'s for the epi clutch kits.There priced at $279.99. :augen41:

2875866 2006 600 H.O. Fusion & Switchback
2875867 2006 700 Fusion
2875868 2005 & 2006 900 Fusion & Switchback

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
yep about the same as buying dirct through erlandson. lucky my dealer gave me a good deal last year.225 installed because he wanted me to try it. did you hear anything about a pipe direct through polaris ?

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by polaris9500@Oct 6 2005, 04:02 PM
yep about the same as buying dirct through erlandson. lucky my dealer gave me a good deal last year.225 installed because he wanted me to try it. did you hear anything about a pipe direct through polaris ?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=912882
[/quote]
No I haven't heard anything about a pipe other then on here. I don't think you will see that. Selling a clutch kit is one thing. Selling a pipe to someone that doesn't know what there doing could be bad.Especially when it requires jetting and tuning.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Originally posted by nickels@Oct 6 2005, 03:02 PM
Here are the polaris part #'s for the epi clutch kits.There priced at $279.99. :augen41:

2875866  2006 600 H.O. Fusion & Switchback
2875867  2006 700 Fusion
2875868  2005 & 2006 900 Fusion & Switchback
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=912750
[/quote]

89.00 for an ER helix
20.00 for a secondary spring
20.00 for a primary spring
45.00 for 3 clutch weights

174.00 total price for the "clutch kit"

I'll continue to save $105.99 considering that pretty much replaces all the parts you could get in a kit and I already have an assortment of springs and weights... So, looks like Polaris/Erlandson priced themselves right in the ballpark for the posers.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by fyoushun@Oct 6 2005, 06:26 PM
89.00 for an ER helix
20.00 for a secondary spring
20.00 for a primary spring
45.00 for 3 clutch weights

174.00 total price for the "clutch kit"

I'll continue to save $105.99 considering that pretty much replaces all the parts you could get in a kit and I already have an assortment of springs and weights... So, looks like Polaris/Erlandson priced themselves right in the ballpark for the posers.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=913190
[/quote]
check that in a 900 kit they use belly buster weights those are like $100 thats over 200 in just parts what about all his r&d time its worth something. and not everyone wants to sit out there with a box of parts fuckin around all day. his 900 kit works good too :div20: ans what if u dont have an idea what too use how many 89$ helixes r you going to buy

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, for alot of guys they would rather spend the $100 extra for a kit. I like to test and find different combo's myself. Just wish we had snow here at home once in a while. It sucks going on a trip and not knowing how your sled will run. Then making changes outside in the cold. :banghead: I've heard of quite a few guys that bought clutch kits and not like them as well. Biggest gripe I hear about EPI kits are no backshift. There great for drag racing, but not trail riding. Not sure if they have changed in the last couple years or not. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by nickels@Oct 6 2005, 06:52 PM
Yes, for alot of guys they would rather spend the $100 extra for a kit. I like to test and find different combo's myself. Just wish we had snow here at home once in a while. It sucks going on a trip and not knowing how your sled will run. Then making changes outside in the cold. :banghead: I've heard of quite a few guys that bought clutch kits and not like them as well. Biggest gripe I hear about EPI kits are no backshift. There great for drag racing, but not trail riding. Not sure if they have changed in the last couple years or not. :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=913266
[/quote]
yah on certain sleds some of there kits arent that great but i think he build a pretty fair product. my kit seems to backshift good

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by timmcat@Oct 7 2005, 04:36 PM
Polaris is going to offer pipes and cans from SLP in a new factory performance section of the sled catalog.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=915048
[/quote]
with a warrantry? for the 900

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
for years now, {900 Fuse not included because I don't know} it's been SOP with every new Poo I've bought that you could: add 2 grams to the clutch weight, drop/add about 20 #'s primary top spring pressure, add a multi angle helix in the 50-34 range with the silver blue spring, and have a much better running sled, then be happy or start fine tuning

·
Registered
588 Posts
I had to laugh at Haydays. I stopped at the Erlandson booth and they had a sign advertising their kits through Polaris. I asked if I would be able to tell if it was there kit, they said yes. I said good, cause obviously, Polaris engineers can't figure out clutching!!!! Many expressions were exchanged, u dedide what they were!

:yelrotflmao:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by polarisboy@Oct 7 2005, 06:53 PM
I had to laugh at Haydays. I stopped at the Erlandson booth and they had a sign advertising their kits  through Polaris. I asked if I would be able to tell if it was there kit, they said yes. I said good, cause obviously, Polaris engineers can't figure out clutching!!!!  Many expressions were exchanged, u dedide what they were!

:yelrotflmao:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=915336
[/quote]
yah i talked to glen too at haydays he doesnt really think too much of polarises stock clutching himself. the only reason i beleive polaris wants him to build kits and sell them through polais is because polaris wants in on all the aftermarket parts profit. lets face aftermarket parts =big markup. look what makes pol the most money,accsessorie and financing.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
The parts and accessories program launch announced Oct. 6th, says they are about to release performance exhaust silencers from Starting Line Products.
600 HO
700 Cleanfire
900 Cleanfire

It was also announced that the 600 HO Electric Start kit will be available soon.

·
15,148 Posts
Originally posted by ExcursionPSD@Oct 7 2005, 09:46 PM
The parts and accessories program launch announced Oct. 6th, says they are about to release performance exhaust silencers from Starting Line Products.
600 HO
700 Cleanfire
900 Cleanfire

It was also announced that the 600 HO Electric Start kit will be available soon.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=915680
[/quote]

will the silencers be legal in Wisconsin?

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
Originally posted by racerdave@Oct 7 2005, 10:01 PM
will the silencers be legal in Wisconsin?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=915698
[/quote]
I think so, the current Wisconsin law says you cannot do anything to make your sled louder, the proposed law Wisconsin AB-566 is for 88db at 4000 rpm. I think the new SLP silencers will qualify either way.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Originally posted by racerdave@Oct 7 2005, 05:00 PM
for years now, {900 Fuse not included because I don't know} it's been SOP with every new Poo I've bought that you could: add 2 grams to the clutch weight, drop/add about  20 #'s primary top spring pressure, add a multi angle helix in the 50-34 range with the silver blue spring, and have a much better running sled, then be happy or start fine tuning
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=915084
[/quote]

Dave going to Brian's in the AM to pickup sled... Call me if you wanna ride, thinking around 11:00ish... Clutching as you say, all about the same although I been screwin with deeper angles initially with good results on the team, not the same as the buttons.?.?

·
15,148 Posts
Originally posted by fyoushun@Oct 7 2005, 10:34 PM
Dave going to Brian's in the AM to pickup sled... Call me if you wanna ride, thinking around 11:00ish... Clutching as you say, all about the same although I been screwin with deeper angles initially with good results on the team, not the same as the buttons.?.?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=915744
[/quote]

My camper is down at my buds in Goose Lake. Picking it up at 10 to take it to Mazon for winter stoorage. Bud is supposed to take his shocks off for rebuild, so we may end up at Brians after Mazon. Maybe I'll see you there. Don't be surprised if Brian isn't in the shop today. They are in the fields.

I ran your team for about 1200 of my 2800 miles on the 600 last year. Got a helix from AFJ that he rec'd for my 600. Compared to my best button setup, the team had better midrange pull and better backshift. Wasn't as strong out of the hole and lost 5 mph topend on speedo. Same day. Gained about 2mph back with a stiffer spring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts