Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 97 xcr 800 in the shop currently and i'm having some problems. when i have the belt on it and the ass in the air the sled wont rev higher than 6000 rpm... i take the belt off and it'll climb over 6... anyone know whats going on here?? is my belt to tight? is my clutching out of wack??

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya.. thats not the case.. its a new track on the sled and it is aligned properly.... i know its somewhere in the cvt but i'm not sure if its the primary or secondary or the belt is the wrong one??

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
how tight is the chain and tensioner in the chaincase?? What about jackshaft n trackshaft bearings?? does everything feel free rolling? when rotated by hand

are the clutches in good workin order??

·
Registered
76 Posts
i think its normal. when there is no belt on it, its just a reving engine. but with the belt on, there needs to be load from the ground to continue the shift and rev engine rpm. i will bet that the sled only shifts partially and then stops at 6k. the sled needs to be on the ground for the secondary to continue shifting(load sensing) and climbing rpm. maybe somebody else could explain it better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts