Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. i made it to maine and i'm having a blast so far.. unfortunatly i ate up my hyfax.. i wasnt smart enough to replace them all 4 times i took the suspension out this year so they got eaten up so i'll be replacing them later on tonight, but thats another story... right now my question is when i'm runinng down the trail what should my coolant temp be running at.. i have a racepack avenger 2 on it so i know where its at but what is a safe temp and what temp is getting to hot?? anyone know ? i'll post some pics up later on of the trip also

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Fab

I always hear 130-140f being a good temp when you have good snow and everything is operating properly. The thermistor decreases its resistance as it heats up, once it reaches 176F the resistance is low enough that the timing begins to retard and when the coolant reaches 230F the motor will go into Fail Safe Mode.

Those #'s may not be exact for a 440 but they are very close.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tom you are THE man i have the 600 ho engine in it now but i'll remember that when on the trail i'm currently changing my hyfax in the all parts racing 4 place trailor on the iqr.. man is it cold.. and does it suck having everything frozen trying to get the track out... hey but at least the motors not blown as my pops predicted and nothing a few brews cant help handle... i'll suck up this day for another of riding!!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yea i did the same thing in a trailer last year, after i made it 5 miles on my hyfax!!!! Put some wheels on the front of the skid, and some scratchers and you will be set!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
hey guys.. i made it to maine and i'm having a blast so far.. unfortunatly i ate up my hyfax.. i wasnt smart enough to replace them all 4 times i took the suspension out this year so they got eaten up so i'll be replacing them later on tonight, but thats another story... right now my question is when i'm runinng down the trail what should my coolant temp be running at.. i have a racepack avenger 2 on it so i know where its at but what is a safe temp and what temp is getting to hot?? anyone know ? i'll post some pics up later on of the trip also[/b]

How's that 600 running?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the engine is running great.. i went in a virgin field and watched each cylinder and holding it mid range there is no lean spot that reaches 1200 so my biggest issue is the sled over revving.. its hitting 9100 i'm running the polaris blue/gold with 64.. i'm thinking about putting 66's on it but i've got enough wrenching to do

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Fab

Turns out those were the specs for the motors with Rack style carbs and TPS. I only have the '06 Racer manual with me and it doesn't list the 440 thermistor readings.

So the readings I posted are for your motor.

What kind of coolant temps are you seeing on the Racepack?

have fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts