Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing some nice pics of their engine, I was wondering how their testing has been going. It seems like I havent heard anything lately on the HP#'s or how the testing of this package has been going. Im getting ready to purchase another F-9 and am considering Engine Tech, D&D Or Bikemans kit. Anyone have any ideas or running this engine tech package yet. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
We have been running the Engine Tech Billet 900 for a few months now and am very pleased with its power. Best ET at 705 lbs is 9.7 and best mph so far is 130.4. We have still been playing around with suspension, clutching and fuel management always trying to get a bit more. I am extremely happy wiht the REAL power this kit delivers and to me the one thing this kit holds over all others is the cast pistons that Art manufactures himself. These pistons hold up as good if not better than OEM with no worries of the aftermarket ones.

Regarding power you be best to talk to Art directly and he will fill you in. Do a check wiht the guys out west to see how his 1160 works for the ZR. The one hting I have found consistent in all the tracks I have been to and all the new people I have talked to about Engine Tech is they all have nothing but good things to say about Art, his work and the power his kits make. I know they have been dynoing a carb version with single pipes the past few days and from all acounts results are good. In fact may have to try it out at the track in the next few weeks.

Give Art a call 905 775 6084.

ptm

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although those ashphalt #'s look good i'm planning on trail riding my sled a couple of thousand miles a year so those #'s do me no good. As I told BMP i'm looking for reliability, at 10 below zero one morning & 30 degrees that afternoon on a 300 mile ride. Just was wondering if anyone has input. Thanks for your input puddytat. Harold....

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Originally posted by F8ArcticCat@Sep 28 2005, 09:18 AM
Although those ashphalt #'s look good i'm planning on trail riding my sled a couple of thousand miles a year so those #'s do me no good. As I told BMP i'm looking for reliability, at 10 below zero one morning & 30 degrees that afternoon on a 300 mile ride.  Just was wondering if anyone has input. Thanks for your input puddytat.    Harold....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=897062
[/quote]

While I am running this sled on the tar it is the trail setup with just added compression. We are running 50/50 mix just to be safe. I too have invested my time and money into this motor package for the purposes of trail riding it this winter so all this work does have merit in what you will see in the field this winter. On the dyno Art has been running straight pump gas with great results. HP numbers to me mean sqauwt since you do not ride the dyno and will not beleive the numbers as been advertised in most cases are what you will get in the field.

What I can tell you from being there many many times while my motor was dynoed is I have never seen anyone dyno a motor like this. We have done pull after pull after pull with no shut down to the point I was sure this thing was going to die on the dyno and no problems whatsoever. Real world dynoing. Checking the pistons I was amazed to see them look just like new. IMO no aftermarket forged piston will have the durability of the piston Art makes and I think this alone is a a major selling feature.

Check out as I said Engine Tech with the guys on Snow West and you will see he delivers what he says he does.

Good luck with whatever choice you make

ptm

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
plummer - Been running both SLP's and Jaws trail twin pipes. I know Art has been dynoing single pipe set ups this week with the Speedwerk pipe and the D&D monstor single and y pipe. Wish I could have got my hands on some of those mod pipes to run thats for sure as instead of running 7800 - 8000 at the track 9000 rpm would surely bring up much more mph.

ptm

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hey Stan:
Are you & Stone coming back to Martin in two weeks? :dunno: Jr & I plan on coming down to see the races again. Had fun the last time seeing you and the boys. We might stop @ Hastings so see the dealer displays & some of the venders & swap meet first.
Mike :div20:

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Mike

We fully planned on going down to the event as we had such a good time last time but when it was announced that the test and tune on Friday night was cancelled we decided to save our gas money. What makes it a lot easier to miss is the fact we have an event right up here the following weekend otherwise I still may have pushed to go to Martin. You still never know but it does not look like we will go.

Stan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts