Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How’s everyone’s weekend hopefully better then mine lol so I got this 05 fusion 900 as in my other post it heated up started smoking and blinking DET so I killed it when I got off the ice pulled the head and clutch side o rings are melted inside antifreeze everywhere He’d none stop not people telling me I should get the antifreeze outta the case and anywhere it doesn’t belong I’m just wondering how I can tel if there’s antifreeze in the case I dumped oil in each cylinder to flood them and hoped it would work it’s way in 2 hours later liter of oil is on the floor under the engine(sweet) lol wife tells me she noticed a few weeks. Ago whe. I moved the sled I had a puddle of coolant I checked it and it topped it off. Noticed it’s been leaking coolant out the bottom somewhere quite some time I just kept filling it back up not paying attention. So I’m thinking probably water pump seal or something I don’t know much about newer sleds( late bloomer 30 years old rebuilt 5 sleds mid 90’s this summer) then someone who owed me money I made him sign me over his fusion cover his 1000 dollar debt thought t was a nice sled didn’t do any research on it or it’s problems now I’m stuck I need to get the engine out can’t for the life of me figure it out lol looks so tight and compact if someone can direct me to where to start other then ovious disconnecting hoses and electrical. All help is appreciated
Thanks
Ps also noticed the coolant hose connecting to the head aimed at the tank is externally flimsy on one side like soft and other side hard like all other hoses. Thoughts on that as well be appreciated

sorry for writing a book

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case anyone’s wondering I seeing if seached for 05 fusion engine removal and found some stuff but didn’t make sense lol

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Like you said, disconnect all electrical and hoses, take the airbox off, disconnect throttle bodies, exhaust. Take the primary clutch off 1st before loosening the motor mounts.
Take some pictures of all the connections so you know where they all go back. But all the plugs only go into its proper connection point. Usually there's not 2 of the same style plugs on the harness other then the diagnosis plugs, but they are irrelevant in removing a motor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you I just found out today I need to get the primary off. I had to order one what will be the damage of leaving it sitting I’m not to sure if antifreeze leaked in the case or not happened almost 2 weeks ago had to leave it my son got really sick just wondering if there be any damage from leaving it that long prob bother week before I get the puller.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
If there's coolant in the cases its not good to leave it sit. Which there will be if you did not disconnect a lower coolant hose before taking the head off.
Get it apart, dump some of your injector oil in the case and use a turkey baster to suck out the fluid.
Then use a strong type shop towel in the bottom and roll the crank around and the shop towel will absorb the excess. You will have to do this a couple times to make sure its clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts