Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried or heard of anyone trying to mod the engine.. besides the head gaskets and rods and pistons.. what about the cams?? whats the profile of the sled cams vs the bike cams??? im trying to put together a wish list for a sled.. im torn between the FI apex or the carbed rx-1.. and im torn between a bolt on turbo kit, or tearing into the engines internals? but for some direction, a apex with a simons turbo kit, stage 2 low and high boost(260hp-280hp) 136 track 1.25" hack or ripsaw, 4 tower clutch, extra head gasket,etc.. what about the valve train of the engine though.. this is a once in a lifetime sled, so it must last!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
on my 05 rx1 we took the engine out the same day we pulled it in the shop for the first time. we then had the head ported, put 13:1 pistons in it, and haucks adjustable cam sprockets. i did call web cam about getting new cams and they do offer them but i was told but several people you dont need them and just need to get the cam timing better and thats what the sprockets are for. the overall gain we got by everything was ok but maybe not what i expected. my brother rode the sled against my apex all last year (which my apex is far from stock) and he could hang right along side of me the whole way and maybe even pull me on top end by just a hair. of course i was not spraying nitrous on those runs. my honest opinion would be to get an apex if the $ is there. if its not find an 05 rx1 because you dont want an older one (you want the mono shock, trust me). plus maybe check into nitrous. its cheap vs. a turbo or supercharger. good luck in your search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts