Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning a 3 day trip. Can anyone confirm if the following is possible and how many hours each day.

Day 1) F Trail - Elliot Lake to Chapleau

Day 2) F/D Trail - Chapleau around to Jeep Lake (follow F & D past Wawa)

Day 3) D/D134 Trail - Jeep Lake to Wharncliff/Iron Bridge via Searchmont

Day 4 a.m.) D134/3 Trail - Wharncliff/Iron Bridge back into Elliot Lake

Any advise on where to stay would be great too if time permits.

Thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
im not to sure about a three day trip. wharncliff to elliotlake is a hafe day trip your best bet is probly stay in thesslon or ironbridge i dont think there is anywhere to stay in wharncliff. jeep lake aka hafe way haven (expensive gas..very expensive gas) probly be better to stay in wawa, from there to thesslon would be a good days ride, ive done thesslon to elliotlake and back in one day
here is the best map i could find for the area, takes awile on my computer
http://www.ofsc.on.ca/Downloads/Trails/maps/District13.pdf

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
im not to sure about a three day trip. wharncliff to elliotlake is a hafe day trip your best bet is probly stay in thesslon or ironbridge i dont think there is anywhere to stay in wharncliff. jeep lake aka hafe way haven (expensive gas..very expensive gas) probly be better to stay in wawa, from there to thesslon would be a good days ride, ive done thesslon to elliotlake and back in one day
here is the best map i could find for the area, takes awile on my computer
http://www.ofsc.on.ca/Downloads/Trails/maps/District13.pdf[/b]
Halfway lake is DEADLY for gas prices for sure. If possibly cut the trails towards the town of Chapleau, then take the trails running up the 101 north to timmins for about 5k~ and hit up the gas station on Duck Lake native reserve and fill up some jerry's, definitely alot cheaper. The trails lead right to the station, drive in and out on sled.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Elliot lake to Chapleau can be done easily in a day, 6-8 housr depending on stops. E.L. to Audrey falls gas up the north to I believe it is Flame lake odge then on to Chapleau. Wharncliff has no overnight places just gas,ironbridge has a nice motel with a great resturant but the name escapes me right now.Iron bridge to elliot is like 2 hours 3 at the most all depends on many times you stop I've made it in a hour and half on the D105F trail , hope this helps

·
Registered
675 Posts
Only comment on the first half.

Elliot to Chapleau no problem. We went from Massey to Chapleau comfortably in a day. Stayed at Trois Moulin, video cameras, hot tub, great meals. Bout half way I'd gas at Flame Lake.
Chapleau then north to Missanbie and then NW to Duberville., Again very comfortable day, We dropped out gear in dDuberville at the hotel and then out for a 4 hour ride. Awesome wide and flat trails up that way. Have fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts