Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the Buffalo News that snowmobiles are banned from the village of Ellicottville. It seems that a village that thrives due to tourism would benefit greatly from opening the area up to snowmobilers and increasing tourism even more.

What's your take on this subject?

It there any hope for the future? :dunno:

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Snobville gets all the tourism, they apparently want, from the skiers.

If the ski hill wasn't there, it would be a different story.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
:boxing:

(Stepping on to soap box:)

As far as snowmobiling goes, what’s with people’s obsession with riding to E-ville! As T-ryder posted above, its Snobville!!! Now…….i have nothing against E-ville……been there for their Fall Fest, walked thru town, …..etc……..its nice……..but as a snowmobiler, to ride there and spend my money in the winter in a town that absolutely hates sledders,……..no thanks……..i’ll, and the crew I ride with will go elsewhere. Every winter I hear guys talk about riding to there,,,,,,,,I listen and don’t even comment anymore…….i just think………..well……………..i’ll just leave it at that.

(Stepping off of soap box now.)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Its a nice place to ride to.We start out in arcade and ride to ellicotville ,grab lunch and a beer and ride back.It sucks that you have to park your sled out of the main town and walk but it is a nice ride up until then.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've ridden to Ellicottville before and was not impressed. We don't stop there anymore. Not really interested in dirty looks, $10.00 hamburgers or $3.00 glasses of pop!

I like stopping in Franklinville or Little Valley. The gas is easy to get to and there are several places to eat and take a break. These towns are full of friendly folks that welcome snowmobilers. Most of the small towns in the southern tier are good. Eville is about the only place I avoid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was just in E-ville last weekend. We were getting our place ready for the season. Anway, on our way back to Buffalo, we stoped at the Stone Creek for lunch. I talked with one of the bartenders and the owner. They seemed very accomadating to sledders. They are outside of the town, about 3 or 4 miles north on the 219. Right on c2a. It looks like it will be a regular stop for us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts