Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE offer electronic reverse on the Firecats. I wouldn't dream of purchasing standard reverse but with electronic reverse you'd be a moron NOT to buy it. With electronic reverse there is no weight or performance penalty just ease of use. I'd buy it in a minute & so would most others, think about it.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Originally posted by greenzrt@Feb 3 2003, 01:01 PM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE offer electronic reverse on the Firecats. I wouldn't dream of purchasing standard reverse but with electronic reverse you'd be a moron NOT to buy it. With electronic reverse there is no weight or performance penalty just ease of use. I'd buy it in a minute & so would most others, think about it.
i agree, mechanical rever has problems and is not as good of a sysmtem as electronic. MEchical requires the whole reverse level and new chaincase cover, gears and whatnot, and the electronic one requires some electronics and a button! and no perfomance loss with it either!

i jave had 3 sleds with mechanical rever on them and had trouble will all of them that why i didnt get it on my firecat!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thinking of making the jump to Cat(been riding Yammie since 1978) and the electronic reverse option would be a major factor.

B

·
0 Posts
I wasn't aware that this new forum was a survey, but more for questions.

If it is a survey, then I say I am PERFECTLY SATISFIED with my current chaincase with reverse. If electronic reverse is so important to you, go buy a DOO!

·
Premium Member
13,948 Posts
The biggest problem with electronic reverse is that doo owns the rights to it, the next biggest problem is that you must use a totally different design secondary clutch, that has a very stiff spring under compression, and no torsional pre-load (more $) piglaris got the rights to it after winning the suit that the sc10II violated their rear suspension pat. I dont know if or how much $ doo would want to sell the rights.

Almost forgot to add that it makes caliblration of the carb/efi much more difficult

Krom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im a newbie to this board but a long time cat rider.....I just want to know what the difference between electric reverse and regular reverse is.....How does it work???Thanks

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
Backfires the motor to the point where it runs backwords. Hit the button again and it makes it go the right direction. It does work!

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Doo and Polaris touring models have push button reverse. I hope AC can make it work. I'm gettiing to old to not have reverse!

·
Registered
430 Posts
My vote goes for electronic reverse as well. Always a Cat man, but after trying the RER on a friends sled, and comparing it to the old fashioned linkage/gears system on my wifes Pantera, the electronic reverse is absolutely the way to go. If it takes a licensing agreement from Bombardier to get it, I think Cat shoud do just that.

Frostbit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts