Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
All late model AC's have accessory plug up by guages under hood, and also one back by handlebars. The firecats have one down by steering post. Two 'prong' plug, one yellow, one brown wire. Forget which one is the 12V and which one is common, but check with dummy light or meter. No need to cut any wires on Arctic Cats. I purchased a male plug from trailer store and put on my helmet wires, then simply plugged in.
Good luck

·
Administrator
20,829 Posts
Butch,

I did it about a month ago. The wiring is already there for you (no stripping, splicing, etc.). Just look behind your servo motor and you'll see the wiring with the adapter exposed. Pull that out and plug it into your visor wiring, and then drill the hole for your plug-in on the shield. Took me about a half-hour in all. B)

Chris

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot, Guys

I usually use a modular helmet - but, wanted the option just in case.

Thanks again.

Butch

·
Registered
57 Posts
plug is right behind servo motor.... I didn't have to drill any holes did take off one bolt that holds on servo motor inorder to find plug it was tucked in well. took 10 mins. lead wire through case where handle bars meet riser its just velcroed on easy job no big deal.

·
Administrator
20,829 Posts
Originally posted by gary@Feb 18 2003, 01:48 PM
plug is right behind servo motor.... I didn't have to drill any holes
What I meant by drilling the hole was .... I drilled a hole for the plug-in coming from the helmet. There's a "housing" that comes with your shield that can be installed on the dash of your sled. Becuase our sleds don't come with a standard hole for the heated shield, you have to drill one (if you want). Otherwise, yes, you can just thread the wire up through the handlebars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts