Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost positive I saw a thread related to this already, but I'm having trouble finding it in the archives.

Does anyone know what wires to use and where they are located in order to hook up an electric shield to my 2007 600 HO IQ CFI?

I couldn't find the wires under the handle bar pad or easily under the hood. I believe they may be located behind the air box? Is this correct? If so what colors are the wires and which is hot/ground.

I'm hooking up my polaris windshield and hoping for a plug and play install. I know I'll need to go purchase the cord that plugs into the stock wires from the sled and then into my heated shield cord.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yep, behind the airbox there's a lump of shit with half a dozen pigtails hanging off. Mine was actually covered with tape, go to autoso and so place (note: my auto so and so places didn't have it but tractor supply did) and you can buy the correct two wire plug and just plug it in, with no splicing.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you recall what colors the wires were that you ended up using?[/b]
Just use a test light or multi-meter to figure out which leads to use. I find that works the best. When I hooked up my shield last year is was from a wiring harness down where all the wiring runs up to the gauge pod and headlights. It works put it's not the correct place to tie-in I have found out. There is supposed to be a male/female plug in behind the airbox.

·
Registered
847 Posts
If my memory serves me, Its a White/Red wire located above and behind the air box. Skidoo sells a nice dash mounted helmet plug for $25 that really works great. You can swap the hard shell connector to match the harness for a factory installed look and reliability.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Heres a couple pics. One of the plug on the sled (just above air box) and the plug that I got from NAPA. Its a 12v plug $5.00. Red/white is hot, brown is ground. I just soldered the plug I bought to the electric shied plug.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts