Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use electric gloves and how do they work? Which brands are good and how long does a charge last?

Registered
Anyone use electric gloves and how do they work? Which brands are good and how long does a charge last?
I have used FXR's They last a wail if they are not on the highest setting. I can honestly say I wouldn't spend the ching again
If you have warmers that you can keep on the highest setting all day and your hands are still cold ditch them and get better warmers. Also thicker gloves sometimes can actually insulate the heat from getting to your hand. I use the fxrs for snow blowing now. I have poor circulation in my hands and a good set of grip warmers is all I needed to ride all day with low windshield and a mechanic style glove. I think they are 509's. Hope this helps馃嵒

Registered
2012 TZ1 Touring
My wife has always had issues with cold hands. I was concerned about battery life on heated gloves, would up going with a set of these.

I hardwired to the battery. There is a cable that runs up both arms, and down to a connector I ran to the back of the sled (we ride two up). When she turns them on, they get warm quick, have three levels. No more cold hands

My sister in law got some battery powered ones. They do seem to last all day, don't need a wire. She has been careful to keep them on low whenever possible to stretch battery life. I have no idea if the battery will last more than a couple of years, or if it is replaceable.

Registered
2020 Indy XCR 850
Go low tech. Get a good set of handlebar gauntlets. You won鈥檛 be the coolest looking guy on the trail, but your hands will be warm.

Super Moderator
2016 1200 Renegade X
For the driver or passenger? I looked into this a while back, asked the same question on another forum. Based on the experience of others, I鈥檇 go with wired gloves if I was going to do it. No issues with failing batteries, but they can only be used on the sled or whatever you wire them to.

I hate wearing thick gloves. I prefer thin gloves so I can feel the controls. I have found that most days with my grip heaters on low and my 鈥淐oldguards鈥 I am good. I keep a heavier pair of gloves in my tunnel bag just in case. Coldguards are great to block the wind and keep the heat, without the bulk of a guanlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapajunk Pro

Registered
2020 XCR 850
I had the FXR Recon electric gloves for two years. My thoughts:
Pros - warm even when not turned on, battery life decent on low setting, easy to buy high cap extra batteries on Amazon that will get you through a full day, no problems with material fit and finish, keep fingers toasty.

Cons - bulky (which is what makes them warm when not turned on), heater died in one on last trip of lastvseason (FXR did arrange for full refund after some effort).

I used the FXR refund to buy the Klim electric gloves. They are not as bulky on the palm
which I think will give me a better feel on the bars and transfer bar heat a bit better.
Also I can use the extra batteries I bought as they are the same connection as the FXR.

I'll also be getting some gauntlets to store away for those crazy cold days or if I end up with dead batteries.

Overall I enjoy them. Every year my hands get a bit more sensitive to cold. This provides a nice way to take the edge off especially after a trailside stop and you've had the gloves of to grab a bite or drink.

Registered
we sell the fly versions. they seem to be good. i gave my sister in law a pair and she loves them, along with heated insoles. fly has 2 levels, i think 139.00 and 199.00

Premium Member
I have fly and fxr. Both good, 6-7 hr on low/med, but won鈥檛 go 5hr on high. Plan to get bigger batteries someday. I also have gauntlets. Batteries never die in them. And they are The way to go when it gets cold and nasty. Zip them off and stuff鈥檈m into tunnel bag if I gotta look cool.

Registered
Go low tech. Get a good set of handlebar gauntlets. You won鈥檛 be the coolest looking guy on the trail, but your hands will be warm.
I agree with the gauntlets. When it's zero, leather gloves, handle bar heaters and gauntlets keep my hands warm. I can live with the minor inconvenience of the gauntlet, but not the numb hands.

Registered
2020 Skidoo Renegade XRS 900 Turbo, 2022 ThunderCat EPS
I have a pair of FXR Recon heated gloves. I鈥檝e used them for two seasons now and love them on the really cold days. I also purchased a spare set of batteries to carry in my inside pocket of my jacket and between the two sets last a full days riding. I don鈥檛 regret spending the extra money on these gloves.

Registered
I have a pair of FXR Recon heated gloves. I鈥檝e used them for two seasons now and love them on the really cold days. I also purchased a spare set of batteries to carry in my inside pocket of my jacket and between the two sets last a full days riding. I don鈥檛 regret spending the extra money on these gloves.
Ditto for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts