Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys. Im in need of your help. Cause i cant pull this one off on my own, Cause i dont have all these parts. One of my buddies. Worked 2 Years to come up with the money to purchase this sled, And just a couple hours ago the garage caught fire, and caught the house on fire not long after that. His Motocross and sled was in there. and the Cab. airbox, seat, belly pan , skis, all melted and warped. Im asking you guys to help me out. cause i cant pull this one off on my own. if pple help I will make sure to let them know who pitched in on this one. I will try and fix whatever mechanical prob there are on his sled. but as far as Parts like the Cab, Seat, skis, airbox, i do not have any extra's of, in my shop. I am going there tonight to see the damage first hand. and i will repost if i see any other parts that are damaged. Thanks for any help guys.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Aren't there insurances for this kind of things?
I know USA is a pretty crappy country when it comes to health care and these things if you're not heavily insured - but still? Who doesn't insure his house and it's contents?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Aren't there insurances for this kind of things?
I know USA is a pretty crappy country when it comes to health care and these things if you're not heavily insured - but still? Who doesn't insure his house and it's contents?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nothing was insured for fire. We live in Canada by the way, Help if you want. But you dont need to ask questions like that, Have Respect for a family that just lost all there stuff. We are doing whatever we can to help them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
what year of sled are we dealing with, i don't think its dumb it seems un heard of to not have house insurance

·
Registered
532 Posts
i got a set of plastics (belly pans and console) off my 04, but they have been painted twice. first coat was white, now black. not really a big fan of shipping. where abouts are u guys? will let go cheap.

also got some stock green C&A i want 100 for W\O shipping. few race marks, and i think the carbids are ok.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. we are dealing with the 04 sno pro 440. we live in Smooth rock Falls, Ontario. Postal code is P0L 2B0 . When i come back tonight i will post whats for sure in need. and then you guys can let me know what you have. Ill pitch in for the kid to if i have to pay some of the stuff myself. Thanks for the support guys, I dont know what i would do without you's

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK guys. its sad to see but i think its fixable. ill post some pics shortly. this is what i see at the moment. need.
seat
gas tank
coolant reservoir
wireing from the handlebars, (the wireing under the cab looks ok)
hood
the side plastics and console plastics.

if theres anything else i will let you guys know, it was kinda dark out tonight.. but ill get pics. so you get the idea. PM me so we can deal. thanks

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
i will send console, belly pans , mod bumper and a stock gas tank. let me know if he wants it. and i might have a seat cover i can donate

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sweet thanks guys. Looks like a few of you came up with parts pretty damn fast. at the moment. we are still looking for

Cab
seat
handlebar wireing. like the on off switch, brake , throttle cable etc.
antifreeze reservoir

heres my address guys for a heads up if youd want to find out shipping on some stuff etc. let me know for shipping etc.

Dany Lavoie
106 Parkwood RR#2
Cochrane, Ontario
Bx 3410, P0L 1C0
Canada

thanks guys

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok guys heres some pics. It snowed alittle overnight. but you get the idea. The sled is the first thing he tried to save. He pulled it out as far as he could but there were vehicles in the way and it wasnt far enough from the heat.

[attachment=405673:picture_016.jpg]

[attachment=405674:picture_019.jpg]

[attachment=405675:picture_020.jpg]

[attachment=405676:picture_018.jpg]

[attachment=405677:picture_021.jpg]

[attachment=405678:picture_022.jpg]

This is whats left of his Garage.
[attachment=405679:picture_023.jpg]

This is what is left of His Bike.
[attachment=405680:picture_024.jpg]

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
was the garage the only thing that was totally devastated or was the house totaled too? Sorry to hear about this... I'll see what money I have to spare when I get paid on monday and I will at least send $20 or $30 your way!!! Will you be able to cash an United States Postal Money Order? Let me KNOW!!!!

Casey

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes the house ate it as well. The garage was close enough to the house. so 1/2 the house is finished. It will need major repairs. Yes we can cash U.S funds. If you do send money it will be used for shipping and parts for his sled. thanks alot. Greatly Appreciated boys.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
yEAH no problem man!! The Air Force pays me pretty good so I can spare $30 bucks to help out a fellow Cat Rider especially in a situation like this!!!

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
with that kind of heat how do you think internal parts held up like shocks and o-rings? what are the carb boots and stuff like?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts