Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2021 Gade XRS 900T
16,844 Posts
Want to put egt sensor in. any suggestions. I was thinking KOSO. Thanks.[/b]
I was thinking the same, Koso. The salesman at my dealership (who is one hell of a tuner as well) bought one and is extremely disapointed with it. He claims it requires DC to work, however there are AC/DC converters, and it doesn't illuminate worth a shit. So I decided to go with a SLP dual channel.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I like the Digitron myself!! but like the look of the Koso and how they turn red when too hot but haven't had any experience with them.? You definantly want digital ,analog gauges are too hard to read going accross the lake.JMO

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking the same, Koso. The salesman at my dealership (who is one hell of a tuner as well) bought one and is extremely disapointed with it. He claims it requires DC to work, however there are AC/DC converters, and it doesn't illuminate worth a shit. So I decided to go with a SLP dual channel.[/b]

does the slp have some sort of indicator light if temp goes beyond a set temp?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ive always liked exhaust gas technologies. Avenger 1,2,or3 series. We always used them on our drag sleds. They work awesome! Just my 2cents
:tease:

·
Banned
2021 Gade XRS 900T
16,844 Posts
does the slp have some sort of indicator light if temp goes beyond a set temp?[/b]
Yes sir, right above the 2 black round buttons you'll see a "A" and "B" light in between those is the light that will lite up when you hit the set temp you set it at. It also has a memory so when your going balls out across the lake and can't see you can recall the temp.

·
Banned
2,121 Posts
I was thinking the same, Koso. The salesman at my dealership (who is one hell of a tuner as well) bought one and is extremely disapointed with it. He claims it requires DC to work, however there are AC/DC converters, and it doesn't illuminate worth a shit. So I decided to go with a SLP dual channel.[/b]
So KOSO arent any good? Thats probly why they are so cheap.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes sir, right above the 2 black round buttons you'll see a "A" and "B" light in between those is the light that will lite up when you hit the set temp you set it at. It also has a memory so when your going balls out across the lake and can't see you can recall the temp.[/b]

are you sure, because slp's website does not point that out. It says the lights are for choosing which cylinder you are monitoring. So I'm a little confused? Do you have this guage???? Let me know. Thanks.

·
Banned
2021 Gade XRS 900T
16,844 Posts
are you sure, because slp's website does not point that out. It says the lights are for choosing which cylinder you are monitoring. So I'm a little confused? Do you have this guage???? Let me know. Thanks.[/b]
Yes I'm sure, I have it on order, just picked up my sled on the 15th. Go back to SLP's site and click on the instruction tab. Oh ya you have to order the probes seperate. They have weld on and clamp on $50 and $56 each I believe Here's a link to the instructions.

http://www.startinglineproducts.com/instsheets/19-79.pdf

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Digatron Twin Display.[/b]
Agreed, but I'd go with a 3 window Digitron, I like the big third window. Digitron is the best way to go IMHO. BEtter yet, everything down to the probes are lifetime warranty now and as far as I know no other company offers that. Thats worth buying it. VEry nice recordable features and downloadable to your PC. YOu can configure your guage to read anyway you want it to and it saves all your settings. Best setup out there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Digatrons have a bad ass program to download your information to your laptop!

the pyros are nice too like someone said. Very easy to see in the dark plus they are small enough to mount about anywhere

:firecats_rule:

·
Banned
2021 Gade XRS 900T
16,844 Posts
For those of you that are interested I got my SLP Dual Channel EGT today. Here's a pic. I'm putting the probes in tomarrow and hopefully mounting the pod and gauge above the speedometer this weekend.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.