Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting higher then normal reading on my EGT gauges...idles..850+- degrees....WOT....1400+- degrees...plugs looks OK...somewhat lighter then normal...piston wash OK (small vee's shown) ...dealer check it...and I have also....could the probes or gauges be messed up....has anyone every seen this happen. I've checked carbs for dirt and rejetted up....funny thing is last year it ran perfect and temps ran...400+- idle...about 1200+- at WOT.. Could I still have something in my carbs...I took pilots out...mains...and fuel and air screws check for dirt....should I check something else out in the carb area...I'm running 430 mains...stock pilots and have increased air screw 1/2 and fuel screw 1/2....confused and worried about temps. :eek:

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I would concentrate more on piston wash and plug color than I would on the EGT's. What type of gauge do you have and what type of thermocouplers? Where is your placement. 100 mm from piston skirt? If the guage and probes are good, I would jet accordingly with plugs and pistons and note the guage temperatures. Use this as a base line. With your guage, detonation might be at 1500. Let us know how you make out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts