Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been covered but I can't find. Can someone tell me what the wiring procedure is?

Haven't run out yet, but thought this would be good to know. ^_^

Thanks!
Actic2

·
Premium Member
13,948 Posts
If you have had the smartvalve update done, flip the switch to ethanol, and unplug the temp sensor, (2 wires with bullet connectors near the mag housing, that head down under the engine), this will put the computer in full rich, saving you 3 or 4 pulls(I dont think its worth the effort to unplug the sensor)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Krom,

Thank you for the input, however I am a little confused. The reason I am asking for this information is that I have read here that if you run an EFI out of gas it takes many, many pulls re-pressurize and start sled (100-200 pulls?).

I am riding backcountry next week and although the fuel range/mileage of the F7 is more than adequate for this...well let's just say I've been there before! The sled is a late build and did not call for smart valve update. I have read here that you can cross wires to trick the EFI to rich mode, which is what you are describing, yet you say this only saves 3 - 4 pulls?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Arctic2,what you want to do is unhook the fuel pump harness. It's right behind dash near where pull cord goes thru dash. Using two small pieces of wire reverse leads,pull over 4 or 5 times,unhook wires plug harness back together and sled should start right up. I've done it. It works. Oh,yea add gas first.

·
Premium Member
13,948 Posts
reversing the wires helps to open the smart valves if they stick closed, with the update done, it shouldnt be needed though. A new sled with a totally dry system usually takes between 5 and 7 pulls, a sled run out of fuel should start just as easily.

Krom

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK Krom, make sense now. These earlier out of gas posts were before the update. Again, my sled did not recieve this update, wasn't in the vin range. I Think I'll carry a couple of wires just to be safe.

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts