Votes: 0 0.0%
  • carb (non Efi)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to upgrade to f7 just want to see what the poll turns out to be?

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
EFI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No-one ever goes back to Carbs after they have an efi!!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not comparing f-cats straight up here, but I had a 02 ZR600 CCE wich was EFI and I don't miss it. The thing ran pig rich off the bottom. My 05 F7 carb runs pretty well. I had to play w/ the needle a bit to get it better for bondocking but no complaints so far.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
EFI for sure. Cat has the F7 figured out. I know some of the earlier Cat EFIs were not as good...but theres no going back now for me. starts second pull everytime, you can walk away will it warms up...no stalling, always intune for the conditions of the day. Even if you are going to mod it there is aftermarket controllers availalbe for more fuel.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Originally posted by jeffh62@Sep 29 2005, 12:53 PM
EFI for sure.  Cat has the F7 figured out.  I know some of the earlier Cat EFIs were not as good...but theres no going back now for me.  starts second pull everytime, you can walk away will it warms up...no stalling,  always intune for the conditions of the day.  Even if you are going to mod it there is aftermarket controllers availalbe for more fuel.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=899283
[/quote]
I agree with this - sure is nice starting it after 2 pulls and then going back inside to let it warm up..

·
Registered
711 Posts
EFI IS THE "CAT'S ASS" :div20: !! If you plan on doing a bunch of engine mods you could probably do more with a carb.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Would you buy a carbed car????

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
I would rather have carb. I've been with guys that like their carb on startup and never having to jet. but then they are a pig on fuel and complain that it's a bitch to mod.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ok, got a question for all you "EFI ONLY" guys. How come there are tons of posts on here about fuel restrictors, fuel pressure, and boondocker setups to mod your efi. And complaining about fuel pressures being all over the map. Not trying to start anything, but it's just kinda funny :)

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
:withstupid: i can adjust my jetting for mods (and lean it up from the factory) for $3 a jet. to lean out the efi's correctly you need to buy a controller and dyno it... if you just want to "pull & go" or not you're comfortable with jets then get the efi.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts