Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How difficult is it to install the the fuel pump and fuel pickups for an efi. On a carbed sled?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I think its more than just installing a fuel pump and some throttle bodies. You have to change the ecu, the wiring harness, i think even the crank is different. i'm sure there are a lot more differences but those are just the ones with the big $$$$ dollar signs. Better off selling your carb and buying an efi. :dunno:

·
Registered
20,649 Posts
just get a efi tank. It will be a pain in the rear cause you will have find a way to seal it up good and how to get some studs in the tank and seal them with out them leaking. The EFI tanks have threaded inserts in them. Its a little more work than just chopping a hole in the tank.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by sledhead20@Oct 18 2005, 07:05 PM
I think its more than just installing a fuel pump  and some throttle bodies. You have to change the ecu, the wiring harness, i think even the crank is different.  i'm sure there are a lot more differences but those are just the ones with the big $$$$ dollar signs.  Better off selling your carb and buying an efi. :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=938774
[/quote]

I want to drop a F7 motor into my 440, and just wondering if i can change the stock 440 tank into a efi tank?

Originally posted by 1 BAD KITTY@Oct 18 2005, 09:25 PM
it worked for me
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=939309
[/quote]

Was it pretty simple?
Any insructions or any help is appreciated!!

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
when installling the fuel pump make sure you do not overtighten the brass screws and bolts i overtightened them and snapped them and i couldent buy the parts separatly cost me 240$ for a new pump

·
Registered
794 Posts
All u gotta do is look at a efi pump already installed on another firecat, then measure and mark out where u gotta drill the holes. And make sure u dont over tighten is right.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ttt

·
Registered
171 Posts
I installed an efi fuel pump in a 440 tank and it wasn't a big deal. Made a template from a firecat tank and drilled my holes in the 440 tank. The fitting for the wiring has to be removed to fit the pump through the 440 filler neck and then re-assembled inside the tank. A bit of a pain but do-able. The pump has to be angled slightly for it to fit properly and I used a brass fitting between the pump and the fuel pick-up hose because the clearance was tight and the hose was getting kinked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts