Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of picking up a set of pre-filters for my edge. Last winter in Quebec I had so much ice buildup in my filters that I fouled plugs (between freezing rain and snow dust). Do these work well, and which kind is better? Rivet on or the kind you stuff in the filter area? Do you need the foam with the rivet-on style? Do they impede air flow? Thanks - J.P.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
This year picked up on ebay some polaris prefilters that wrap around the foam,seem to work good so far but have not been in alot of powder.Water beads up on it .I was always running my fingers over the foam before when in powder,to keep them cleared off

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
the prefilter I run are like a bag , you just put your stock foam in it and put it back in the hood. No screw , rivets ,glue or anything , never had any rich conditions due to snow dust or water in the airbox.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Money well spent, I put them on all my sleds. Need to buy another set to put on my mom's 600 Classic.

·
Registered
200 Posts
These things are so good they should be stock on all sleds. In fact the last couple of years, polaris included them on stock Edge RMK's

They are by far the single best thing I have ever put on my sled.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I think I may need to get something like that for my '01 600. Sometimes if its snowing or when riding in powdy conditions my throttle will stick open.
If I quick flick the throttle open it unsticks the throttle, but its kind scary when you come to a corner, let off the gas and the sled keeps going like its on cruise control.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I think I may need to get something like that for my '01 600. Sometimes if its snowing or when riding in powdy conditions my throttle will stick open.
If I quick flick the throttle open it unsticks the throttle, but its kind scary when you come to a corner, let off the gas and the sled keeps going like its on cruise control.[/b]
that sounds like a bad cable. if its frayed it will do shit like that.

·
Registered
17,215 Posts
that sounds like a bad cable. if its frayed it will do shit like that.[/b]
.. but shouldn't the throttle safety switch cut ignition if the cable sticks?

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
.. but shouldn't the throttle safety switch cut ignition if the cable sticks?[/b]
should....those can be disconnected however.

Where can one buy just the prefilter material?? I need to make some custom ones for my mountain fit hood....

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
The flow rites are for extra air if you use those u still need the rivet (or like mine)ones to make shur u don't suck snow in.
Unless you do the slp air box mod do't see where the flow rites would do much
The ones that rivet on would be fine for a stuck motor.
You can take some of the plastic out from behind the foam filters.Need to take the plenum off to do it.I did mine last summer after someone on here put pics up about it.Its free so why not,dont no if it really helps because of the stock hole in top of air box cant get any more air threw it

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
The flow rites are for extra air if you use those u still need the rivet (or like mine)ones to make shur u don't suck snow in.
Unless you do the slp air box mod do't see where the flow rites would do much
The ones that rivet on would be fine for a stuck motor.
You can take some of the plastic out from behind the foam filters.Need to take the plenum off to do it.I did mine last summer after someone on here put pics up about it.Its free so why not,dont no if it really helps because of the stock hole in top of air box cant get any more air threw it[/b]
Yea, i have the SLP intake kit and an SLP can also. Do you still have the pics of the plastic to remove inside the plenum? So if you put the rivet ones on i take it you remove the factory filter foam (not need now)? I guess it would be a little more stealth than the Flowrites in the dash. Therotically you wouldnt have to trim inside the plenum as air is coming from above the intake?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I don't have the pics but if you take it off you'll see what I mean,its like the are goes around to this small 1x2 inch opening.You can make it so it goes straight threw,I think you leave the very center for saport think there is a screw or something.

I would think if you have the ones that rivit on you could ditch the foam,Im sure you could ask slp about that there real helpful.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts