Hardcore Sledder banner

Has your F7 had a ECU upgrade, and what are the results?

• No, my f7 hasn't had its ECU upgraded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, my ECU was upgraded, and the topend is better than before the upgrade.

• Yes, my ECU was upgraded, and the topend is about the same as before the upgrade.

• Yes, my ECU was upgraded, and the topend is slower than before the upgrade.

• I don't understand the question.

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"upgraded" means having the ECU sent back to Cat for re-programing. Most F7's that had engine problems since mid-january had their ECUs reprogrammed. Have you noticed a drop in topend speed since the "upgrade"?

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Rob..like I said..we have had one that was done here..and It revs fine, but has our clutch kit..after the update..but used the same specs so I think its correct..and I know it runs with my sled ...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
why r u asking this question rob? somethin' you beating around the bush about?

Is your machine slower since the ecu update?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have noticed that I lost about 5mph on top end on glare ice. And the stupid thing seems to go into safe mode all the frickin time. I am about ready to get it changed back. But burnt another motor down with 640miles on the sled so I don't know what the heck to do and all updates have been done. My pipe did crack I wonder if that had somthing to do with the pistons scoring????

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Rob,

Do you have the skinny if Cat is gonna not continue to re-program the ECU's? You mentioned in your "slide rails" post that the upgraded ECU was the cause of the problems. Got any insider info? :ph34r:

Nick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by green-patriot@Mar 11 2003, 09:44 PM
I have noticed that I lost about 5mph on top end on glare ice. And the stupid thing seems to go into safe mode all the frickin time.
I've lost more than that, and my F7 is always going into safe-mode also.
In my case it is either the ecu or maybe a sensor (even though they tested out allright). I hope I get it nailed down before the end of the season..

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Wow, that sucks! I am going to hold off having my updates done. It almost sounds like they are searching in the dark with a dim light and can't seem to find the right solution!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm trying to stay without upgrading my ECU. I was thinking about putting the coolant bottle from the f6. Its larger than the one on the f7. what do think about the larger bottle idea? I was hoping that would help with the overheating.

·
Registered
196 Posts
My ECU was rep and I lost 10 to 15 MPH. My dealer talked with cat and they sent another rep to. This one is as good or better than the first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts