Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one help me out here? I am looking to find out who exactly my dealer should talk to at CAT to get my 2005 M7 square ECU Updated. My dealer has never heard of sending the ECU's in to get updated and then called and talked to two TECH's at Cat. The tech's said their is nothing available!!!! Crappy CAT people!!!!!!! Thanks :frech32:

·
Registered
411 Posts
the race department is probably the only dept. that will do it if there is one available for it....you have to be specific as to what program you wish to get....if there is a update they can help you out,if not you will have to wait....have you dealer call the race dept. and ask for al shimpa as he is the man who knows all about this stuff.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure its the same guy at Cat doing all the updates to the Firecats and the M's. Does any one know the guy at Cat doing the update or someone at Cat that is handling this, that is knowledgeable? Just having my dealer calll the tech line gets no where!!!!! With all the Firecat ECU's being sent in lately, Where and who are they being sent to? Thanks

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Try Waconia Farm Supply... If there is a M series reprogram the service guy would know, he helped me with my fcat no problems.

·
Premium Member
2022XCR850137 / 2022 SL 850 Boost
6,712 Posts
theres a boat load of guys on snowest.com getting there m sleds done must be dealer around that knows something.

·
Premium Member
5,950 Posts
First thing you need to do is find a new dealer. If your dealer has never sent in an ecu before than there's a problem. There isn't a "up-date" for the square ecu's but you can send it in & have cat check it. If there's a problem than they will make a change. I send mine back last season & had it checked. They made some changes to it. What was changed I don't know, didn't want to tell me. But my fuel mileage did improve.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Originally posted by rebel@Sep 30 2005, 05:27 PM
I'm sure its the same guy at Cat doing all the updates to the Firecats and the M's.  Does any one know the guy at Cat doing the update or someone  at Cat that is handling this, that is knowledgeable?  Just having my dealer calll the tech line gets no where!!!!!  With all the Firecat ECU's being sent in lately,  Where and who are they being sent to?  Thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=901588
[/quote]
AGAIN....ARCTIC CAT RACE DEPT.. ASK FOR AL SHIMPA.....ANY CLEARER

·
Premium Member
5,950 Posts
Originally posted by bad brad@Sep 30 2005, 06:46 PM
AGAIN....ARCTIC CAT RACE DEPT.. ASK FOR AL SHIMPA.....ANY CLEARER
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=901768
[/quote]
No don't go through the race dept. They only had a program for hillclimb not for freeride & it will void warranty.
Any good dealer can send it in & have it checked.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the recommendation for Al Shimpa, I'm interested to know if there are any other contacts at Cat that could get me pointed in the right direction!!!! Thanks for everyone's help..... Really thinking about ditcing this sled........Cat service and dealer sucks....

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
what makes you think you need a reprogram?? Shimpa can only reprogram for dragracing, and will void your warranty.

Krom

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My sled shows all the symptoms that everyone is talking about with the square ECU. Rich on low and top end, lean bog in the midrange. Any dealers out their know who to talk to at CAT? Thanks Tim

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its pretty poor that the customer has to track down the info!!! I have dealt with two dealers and they have been ok, it seems the problems come when they talk to different tech guys each time at CAT. No communication at Cat. The Rep's and Techs at Haydays said, "Their is new programming available and to just bring the ECU to the Dealer and they can send it in for you"........I do have a post on Snowest. It was said on SW that some programming was stolen and thats possibly why no programming is being done, some people were fired. No more Brian Sturgeon.....??????

Back to the main question who should my Cat dealer get in contact with to have my ECU looked at, reprogrammed. Thanks for all the suggestions.......

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
If your dealer doesn't know how to do it you need to change dealers.

Krom

·
Registered
539 Posts
I hope I'm concerned about going fast and performance at the of 69!!!!!! :div20:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:banghead: does any one have any info on exactly where and who the dealer should send the ECU into!!!!!
Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts