Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
im gonna have to check this on mine i had some starting issues after doing some jumping in wy last season.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
im gonna have to check this on mine i had some starting issues after doing some jumping in wy last season.
Hard to start? My friend has an 850 elk and his became super hard to start. His magnetic pickup for the flywheel wasnt close enough. Put it where it was supposed to be and it starts up normal now.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Checked mine tonight and it pulled back out of the connector. Working on a fix in the next couple days. Almost looks as if the harness wire was made to short pulling on that one wire. We replace these pins at work sometimes so might be able to replace the pin if the clip is broken.

·
Vendor
10,113 Posts
the orange wire is to short in these. if the wire can be pulled out then the lock tab in the connector is gone. the only fix was like was said, to add 2" piece of wire soldered and heat shrink. and glue the pin in. i have fixed 30 or so oh these this way from 2015. you don't need a over price fix kit from Polaris to do this.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
the orange wire is to short in these. if the wire can be pulled out then the lock tab in the connector is gone. the only fix was like was said, to add 2" piece of wire soldered and heat shrink. and glue the pin in. i have fixed 30 or so oh these this way from 2015. you don't need a over price fix kit from Polaris to do this.
im not down with the super glue method. i had the pin compression tool at my work. im going to try and replace the pin or free up some length in the wire by removing some of the tape covering the harness.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
im not down with the super glue method. i had the pin compression tool at my work. im going to try and replace the pin or free up some length in the wire by removing some of the tape covering the harness.
I’m going to reply to the reply that I replied to. Lols
Last night I removed some of the felt tape on the harness to give the wires some more range of motion. After looking over the pin and the connector I couldn’t find anyway to revive the securing method of the pin into the connector. I ended up succumbing to the super glue method. I used my favorite super glue. Rc tire glue. Dries clear, holds strong. The rc tire glue also come with a fine tip to have precise application.
I think just trimming away the tape around the harness and making sure the pin is glued in along with making sure the main part of the harness is secure to the over structure will be sufficient to remedy this issue for me. We will see how the sled acts during the season.
really glad I came across this thread so I could have some sort of solution to my random no start in wy last year.
Just some pics of the tape I removed from the harness and a pic of the pin. In order to get the pin out like I show you have to remove the grey retainer which wasn’t the easiest. You can see the pin doesn’t have the locking tab in used to seeing anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
As the Original Poster, and behalf of others who reinforced this,
You're Welcome.

Reactions: cfm

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Why not just remove the plug from a unused spot in the connector and re-populate it there, and also do the corresponding other side. Or is it the terminal itself that is damaged ? whoops , already mentioned.. Cant find a delete post incon.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Why not just remove the plug from a unused spot in the connector and re-populate it there, and also do the corresponding other side. Or is it the terminal itself that is damaged ? whoops , already mentioned.. Cant find a delete post incon.
either way with your idea the pin coming out of the ecu is in a fix location.

honstly guys when i put a couple drops of my preferred super glue in there i was like crap too much. then i get a good blow with my mouth and bam the connector opening was clear and the super glue still made its way around the pin. it seems super solid. i could almost see going back and putting a dab of super glue on every pin.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts