Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ECU harness Repair Kit S-14-12-02

As you may know, a very few AXYS have had trouble with starting, and a few other symptoms. Some of these problems have been traced to a problem with usually just one pin on the 26 pin main harness connector that attaches to the ECU.

It is pin26 which carries an Orange wire coming from the dedicated 16V DC System coil, and feeds the ECU power that is used to control the Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pump, the Ignition System and other loads attached to the ECU. Pin 21 is an orange pin in the same circuit, but it hasn't caused much trouble.

The ECU is pretty easy to access, behind the oil tank, and the repair is simple. If my sled had this problem, I would have this pin replacement kit used, instead of replacing the entire main harness. JMO.

In a full main harness replace, there are too many places where something can be routed wrong, pinched, not fully connected, fasteners not tightened properly, wrong washers used, etc.

The metal back end of the displaced pin can be seen visually, not fully seated in the connector.

If your sled has this problem, the Polaris technicians will refer to Team Tip S-14-12-02

---

ECU Harness Repair Kit 2205995 contains a terminal replacement pin & wire, a 3ml bottle of Loctite 401, and instructions. It can be used to repair any dislodged pin/terminal in either the 26pin or 34pin Snow ECU connectors from the main harness.

---

There is also a 34 pin connector going to the ECU, this has some orange wires also, but hasn't had problems.

Reactions: snowmachine

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Is there 2 plugs going into ecu? Only wires i saw on mine that looked pulled kinda tight and a hard turn on them were the ones in front of oil tank, mounted to belt guard. Think im gonna stick something soft under the wires that are rubbing belt guard

·
Registered
8 Posts
have installed kit 2205995 in 2 800 for orange wire goes in easy and works . take care with Loctite 401 and let it cure

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have installed kit 2205995 in 2 800 for orange wire goes in easy and works . take care with Loctite 401 and let it cure
Thanks for the feedback, and Keep on Wrenching!

ECU Harness Repair Kit 2205995 contains a terminal replacement pin & wire, a 3ml bottle of Loctite 401, and instructions. It can be used to repair any dislodged pin/terminal in either the 26pin or 34pin Snow ECU connectors from the main harness.

The good news, is the Loctite 401 gets some strength, in less than 30 seconds, then the 24 hr. full cure provides full chemical & solvent resistance. Mounted where it is, under the cowling, above the clutch cover, it is pretty protected, and unlikely to get oil, or gas on it, unless there is a rollover. This is a good fix.

·
Registered
132 Posts
what is in this kit is there a new pin or sleeve or is it just loctite .I have been waiting for ever for this kit to get to my dealer

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is in this kit is there a new pin or sleeve or is it just loctite .I have been waiting for ever for this kit to get to my dealer
The kit is available from Polaris, but I think it became available on Monday.

New pin with lead, Loctite 401, instructions.

·
Registered
253 Posts
2205995 does not appear to be a valid Polaris part number, I have this issue on my '15. This picture shows the suspect pin, with the orange cover removed. this pin does not appear to latch into the black connector. Simply pushing in the orange wire does not appear to latch. Does anyone know where to purchase this harness repair kit part number 2205995? It shows up in the polaris part browse, but it stats it is unavailable.

Attachments

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,710 Posts
Can you pull the pin out? The pin should have a hole in it, that a plastic tooth locks into and holds it in place in the connector. Is that tooth broken in the harness connector? If so, it looks like there are empty spots in the connector. Can you move the wire/pin to one of those and do the same on the other connector to mate them up?

·
Registered
253 Posts
yes, the pin is out, or was easily pulled out as it wasn't latched in. There is no hole present in the female terminal that I remember. I was expecting a latch feature. Maybe that is the reason it doesn't latch due to no hole present.

Attachments

·
14,710 Posts
It could also be meant to lock by holding underneath.
Can you post a pic of the terminal? They like what I knew as GM metri pac terminals years ago.

·
14,710 Posts
Does the plastic harness connector have a tooth for locking? There are 2 indents in your terminal that could be opened with a small drill bit

·
Registered
253 Posts
the connector does not appear to have any lock or latch features in the connector. The terminal cannot be moved to a different location, as this plugs into the ECU. I can insert the terminal back into the hole, and can easily push it back out. If I could figure out how to get a terminal which is correctly latched, removed, I could take a pic of that one too. Or another option would be to simply push it back in, and try that Loctite 401 stuff mentioned above to "Glue" it back in place.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yeah, Loctite 401 is basically superglue.

LOCTITE 401
Instant Adhesive - general purpose. Low viscosity. Ideal for use on porous substrates. LOCTITE 401 is an instant adhesive designed for the assembly of difficult-to-bond materials requiring uniform stress distribution and high tensile and/or shear strength. The product provides for the rapid bonding of a wide range of materials, including metals, plastics and elastomers. LOCTITE 401 is also suited to bonding porous materials such as wood, paper, leather and fabric. Perfect for all quick repairs and all types of small emergency repairs. Your benefits
  • Universal instant adhesive
  • Very high strength on close-fitting parts
  • Perfect for all quick repairs and all types of small emergency repairs.
  • Bonds a wide range of similar or dissimilar substrates (metals, rubber, wood, cardboard, ceramics as well as most plastics)

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
Since the repair kit is said to include Loc Tite glue, you can guarantee the latch is part of the connector itself and is either damaged or was missing from the get go.

·
Registered
152 Posts
So could this possibly be the culprit of why my wife's 2016 600 Pro-S sometimes doesn't start using the electric start function.

It's so random but after riding for a bit her electric start stops working. The sled fires right up pulling the cord however. It's very intermittent and I can't seem to pinpoint the problem. Called the dealer and they said they have not seen this before and advised me to look over the electrical components. I would hate to bring it there because with my luck it will work fine and they will tell me there is nothing wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
So could this possibly be the culprit of why my wife's 2016 600 Pro-S sometimes doesn't start using the electric start function.

It's so random but after riding for a bit her electric start stops working. The sled fires right up pulling the cord however. It's very intermittent and I can't seem to pinpoint the problem. Called the dealer and they said they have not seen this before and advised me to look over the electrical components. I would hate to bring it there because with my luck it will work fine and they will tell me there is nothing wrong.
No, the problem these guys are talking about the sled won't start period.

·
Registered
253 Posts
yes, funny thing is, mine would start fine, then ride for a while, then no start. Open the left side panel, simply wiggling the 26 pin wire bundle (the one forward most into the ECU), sled would fire up just fine. Stop and start at a few more places down the trail, sled no fire. Repeat the process, sled fire right up. Its like as if this pin is only needed on initial start up because I can't believe it does not shake loose while riding and kill the machine.

·
Registered
253 Posts
update, I believe, as it might have been mentioned above somewhere, is the length of the orange wire is just not long enough. I can re-install the wire into the connector and move the connector around a bit and the orange wire pulls right out. I spliced about a 1 inch length of wire by soldering both ends, slipped on a piece of shrink tubing, then re-installed the orange wire into the connector and ensure it was fully seated. No click was noted, so I assume this means the locking feature in the ECU connector is gone. I then applied superglue (Loctite 454 is what I had in the shop and shows it has very similar working temperatures, only in gel form) to the wire and back side strain relief part of the connector. I'll let it cure until tomorrow, then put her back together.

·
Registered
253 Posts
ECU connector and female terminal information

Female terminal part number is M23S05K351
26 pin ECU connector is a MX23A series connector from JAE

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts