Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently put some new goodies on my snowmobile and have 87 octane still in the tank. I have to drain that out and put premium in. Could someone please tell me the best way to drain the tank. if there is no simple way, i'll just syphon the gas out.

thanks
TheGeneral

·
Registered
808 Posts
Syphon it out :doh: We used to do it all the time when we were back in high school. Get a clear hose and start sucking or find a small sump pump and do it that way.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
they make siphons for this... my dealer had one... maybe yours will too... no sucking... you just shake the check valve and it will siphon it out... :div20:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. I was thinking syphon, but wanted to make sure there wasn't an easier way that i woulda looked past.

TheGeneral

·
Registered
808 Posts
You will never get all the old gas out especially on efi version, just get down to where you see the smart valve and then refill with your new fuel :div20: Hope this works out for ya :beerchug: Good Luck/Happy Trails :div20:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by TheGeneral@Sep 29 2005, 09:45 PM
I currently put some new goodies on my snowmobile and have 87 octane still in the tank. I have to drain that out and put premium in. Could someone please tell me the best way to drain the tank. if there is no simple way, i'll just syphon the gas out.

thanks
TheGeneral
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=900421
[/quote]
IF CAFB MODEL FUEL LINE OUTPUT IS LOCATED BY RIGHT FOOT. disconnect and add a piece of line. if it is a efi and can hook up a battery to the fuel pump. and yes siphoning is the easiest to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts