Hardcore Sledder banner

Early or late production 03 ZR 900

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  bly123 
#1 ·
Ok,

Heres a good question. I have a 03 ZR 900 Sno Pro. I was told that if you have the headlight high beem switch as part of the brake lever its a late production. And if you have a Tower 6 primary clutch it's an early production. I have both the Tower 6 Clutch and the brake lever dimmer what production is it? Early or late? Also keep in mind that I bought this used so the clutch could have been changed. That also raises one more question. Whats a better clutch? A tower 6 or a Tower 9??

#5 ·
My late build came with the 6 tower clutch, dimmer switch in lever, and 26/41 gearing. I believe ALL 900's came with the 6 tower and 33 mm crank pin. I have the parts book for the early build and it shows a 6 post with the same part # as my late release. If you go to Brownsleisureworld.com the Standard 2003 ZR 900 is actually the early release parts diagram and the 2003 ZR 900 Sno Pro is the late build parts diagram. If you look on the side of the tunnel you might find the date of manufacture-if the sticker hasn't been removed. :div20:

#7 ·
There was no early production 2003 ZR900 Sno Pro version. Only the standard with the same gearing as the ZR800 (24/39??) which was released in early Jan. 2003. The 6 tower clutch, fancy hi-beam switch, snopro option etc would all be on the regular 2003 production sleds only.

#9 ·
Your right about the sticker. It has a Date MFG and a FABR Date of 08/02.
How can the be? It's a sno Pro with the brake lever dimmer, the small center handlebar pad and the tower 6 clutch. Whats better anyway early or late?
One more thing, There are 900's with a decompression switch????? I don't have that on mine nor did I know it existed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.