Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what those owners of new Fusion 600 HO were planning on doing to their rides ? ..... clutching, gearing, pipes and or silencer, studding , etc. thoughts on best bang for the buck and maintaing relibility on the trails is the main objective.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
My dad is getting his switchback racer studded waiting on some comments on a good clutch kit. If he doesn't get a pipe he will get a silencer (right now all I know of is SLP) after the engine warenty is done hes putting a 660 kit in it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Jet, clutch, air box and SLP twin pipes.

·
Registered
512 Posts
so far c and a pro skis, handguards, 2 inch riser kit and pad, 144 studds to be put in yet, i called slp yesterday and got on the list for a pipe and can combo, v force reeds possibly, definatly jetting down and gutting airbox, and of course clutching, but i won't do that until i get all the other mods done including the pipe so i can clutch accordingly. I will probably ride it engine stock for 400 miles before i start modding the engine and exhaust for proper break in.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by SLEDprox700NECKS@Oct 6 2005, 06:44 PM
so far c and a pro skis, handguards, 2 inch riser kit and pad,  144 studds to be put in yet, i called slp yesterday and got on the list for a pipe and can combo, v force reeds possibly, definatly jetting down and gutting airbox, and of course clutching, but i won't do that until i get all the other mods done including the pipe so i can clutch accordingly.  I will probably ride it engine stock for 400 miles before i start modding the engine and exhaust for proper break in.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=913245
[/quote]
single or twin pipes? price and did they give yah any hp numbers on pipe or pipes

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by polaris9500@Oct 6 2005, 06:58 PM
single or twin pipes? price and did they give yah any hp numbers on pipe or pipes
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=913283
[/quote]
I was told by Jim at SLP that their dyno #'s showed a 14 hp gain with the twins and NO loss of bottom-end torque over the single, if true sounds like a winner. Usually twins sacrifice some bottom end for the gains up top. I myself have used SLP for 10 years now and am very happy, fit, finish has always been good for me.
FYI, some of my sledhead freinds in NY have warned about their state cracking down on aftermarket exhaust... so be aware. I think I will go with the silencer(to save 9lbs and clean up engine) tweek the jetting, and maybe Erlandson clutching. How about stud count ?? 120 or 144 ?, I plan on using stock ski's, whats everybodys skag/runner recomendation.

Thanks,

"Twitch"

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by twitch54@Oct 6 2005, 07:55 PM
I was told by Jim at SLP that their dyno #'s showed a 14 hp gain with the twins and NO loss of bottom-end torque over the single, if true sounds like a winner. Usually twins sacrifice some bottom end for the gains up top. I myself have used SLP for 10 years now and am very happy, fit, finish has always been good for me.
FYI, some of my sledhead freinds in NY have warned about their state cracking down on aftermarket exhaust... so be aware. I think I will go with the silencer(to save 9lbs and clean up engine) tweek the jetting, and maybe Erlandson clutching. How about stud count ??  120 or 144 ?, I plan on using stock ski's, whats everybodys skag/runner recomendation.

Thanks,

"Twitch"
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=913426
[/quote]
i would say 144 for a 600 thats what everybody seems to think would be good. i had the slp single on my prox 7 and a local dnr warden tried to give me a ticket he said he didnt care how loud it was he told me u just cant modify the exhaust at all. never sent the ticket. and that pipe wasnt loud even. 6" carbide

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
straight handlebars pro xr style, 1 3/4 track not sure on the engine mods yet not alot out yet :div20:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
My dad plans to pick up the same set up as soon as they are released or when his engine warrenty ends hes still trying to find out if it will void his warrenty. Anyone know if it will?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by braaap11889@Oct 9 2005, 06:10 PM
My dad plans to pick up the same set up as soon as they are released or when his engine warrenty ends hes still trying to find out if it will void his warrenty. Anyone know if it will?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918292
[/quote]
technically yes, but over the years I have had good luck withSLP and their set-up. I'm sure he knows to keep his eye on he jetting,etc.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Originally posted by twitch54@Oct 9 2005, 08:14 PM
technically yes, but over the years I have had good luck withSLP and their set-up. I'm sure he knows to keep his eye on he jetting,etc.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918457
[/quote]
Hes just worried that if the engine has a fluke and hes got the pipe on there hes in trouble although maybe he can just put the stock pipe back on. I bet the dealer will find out and most likely give my dad the benefit of the doubt and just pretend he saw nothing and get him a new motor.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
if your dealer wants your bussiness he will just look the other way. a lower connecting rod bearing went out of my 03 prox when it was under warranty i had a slp pipe higher comp head my dealer warrantied it no prob. i just took the motor apart to find out what was wrong . new crank 1 pistion,1 cylinder all under warranty.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hate to tell you guys but Polaris has gotten alot smarter about Warranty. The new software will tell them that you had a pipe on it, what the cylinder pressures were, what % of throttle you ran the sled at and how long, what the engine rpm was at the point of failure ect. You cannot change it and no matter what, and if they have the dealer forward the download to them there is NO WAY to disguse it. It is Very imformative and can tell them almost everything they want to know about the sled. They are tired of getting lied to by Consumers and Dealers about modding sleds and then telling them they were stock. Very hard for any Manufacturer to fix a legitimate warranty issue when they do not get the straight facts. I straight up tell them what we have done, and they most often give me the OK anyway, unless it is just a stupid act that caused the failure. All of the Manufacture's Electronics have gone this way, not just Polaris !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
thanks pg will they be able to notice a change in cans? I know my dad is getting one of those an really wants to get a pipe/can combo but might just settle for the can if his warrenty will void.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
remember this thread is about a 600ho, carbed. it doesn't have the same ignition/fuel control system a 755/866 Fusion has. no memory

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,144 Posts
Originally posted by racerdave@Oct 13 2005, 04:08 PM
remember this thread is about a 600ho, carbed. it doesn't have the same ignition/fuel control system a 755/866 Fusion has. no memory
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=927585
[/quote]
You just beat me to the point. A limited amount of information can be projected from the readings of the Detonation sensor, but the 600HO does not have a downloadable or uploadable type computer system on it. That is the reason it can not attach ambient air temp. sensor or altitude sensor, like the fuel injected 700/900 Cleanfire or 750cc FS/FST.

It does not have an exhaust pipe temperature sensor, so I don't think it will know whether an aftermarket pipe is attached or not.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just bought a new dragon and i'm picking it up in 2 weeks, i have owned a 2002 500 xc sp for 4 yrs now and did nothing to the sled, it ran great stock and i just felt like upgrading. I am going to stud (120 woody SS 1.450) and am thinking about the EPI clutch kit i am not very familiar with clutch kits is it worth the money ($280) and is it reliable. are there any other recomendations peole have within a reasonable budget.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts