Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The recoil fix is made by an aluminum shaft and wheel made of
Plastic ( POM ). To avoid wear of the wheel a self lubricating bronze bearing is used.
The solution works very well .

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
What I have read is that specta cord is quite slippery, but very strong, so they are recommending a triple fishermans knot to insure the knot does not slip. That type of knot sounds quite bulky, and I am wondering if it would fit inside the recoil as well as the handle.

Is there another type of knot to use? What type of knot are you guys using that have installed spectra cord?

Thanks

·
Administrator
20,853 Posts
I like your idea, but Thumper is right. You're not addressing the problem by putting your "fix" in that area. The problem is with the rope coming through the cowling at a bad angle. It rubs on the plastic hole where the rope comes through. Cat's fix isn't the world's greatest, but it does the job.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I just had mine Fixed at my dealer and it does work pretty good, it even pulls over easy now, But it does kinda look cheesy, But if my rope dont break I dont care what it looks like, Has anyone had this fix done and still broke the rope?

Rich

·
Registered
269 Posts
had the cord replaced with cats setup and still frayed.with this spectra cord which i'm going to put on .did you guys melt the end when you tied the knot? :huh:

R

·
0 Posts
Hey, Odysse 's fix looks like it it an arrow rest for a compound bow, set-up with a fiberglass arrow for fishing. I have the same rest on one of my bows. Maybe I'll stop at the bow shop and pick one up. ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
When you buy the rope, they should sear the end for you. It doesn't burn as well or as even as the nylon rope. Heat up a flat piece of metal and put that on the end to sear it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
THANKS SNOWMAN B) HEADING TO REI STORE TOMORROW

1 - 13 of 13 Posts