Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from dyno ing my 05 f7 efi, My exhust valves did not seem to open till about 7200 7300 rpms is this normal? :dunno: I have DD y pipe , Bikeman pipe mod, 2 degree timming, mild porting (cleaned out boogers) cliped head .008 and boondocker controler . My best pull was 148 hp and 101 ft-lb at 7700rpm at crank . Is this about right? or should it be more, any imput would helpful. :beerchug:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I HAD SOME WHAT THE SAME SET-UP LAST YEAR ECCEPT THE PIPE, I HAD A D&D F7 MONSTER SINGLE AND I MAID 152 hp, AND THE VALVES DON'T OPEN UNTIL 7200 rpm UNLESS YOU WACK THE THOTTLE WIDE OPEN THEN THEY OPEN RIGHT AWAY... GO TO DTR BLOG DEC.17 05 AND SEE FOR YOURSELF....JOHNNY

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Just got back from dyno ing my 05 f7 efi, My exhust valves did not seem to open till about 7200 7300 rpms is this normal? :dunno: I have DD y pipe , Bikeman pipe mod, 2 degree timming, mild porting (cleaned out boogers) cliped head .008 and boondocker controler . My best pull was 148 hp and 101 ft-lb at 7700rpm at crank . Is this about right? or should it be more, any imput would helpful. :beerchug:[/b]
148HP seems about right for the work you have done to your motor...did you ever Dyno it when it was stock?it may have only had 138hp :dunno:

·
Registered
691 Posts
148HP seems about right for the work you have done to your motor...did you ever Dyno it when it was stock?it may have only had 138hp :dunno:[/b]

Good point.......I assumed stock sleds came through w/ 140 ponies. I remember hearing some were closer to 135. So 148 on the dyno is pretty decent after all.

bg

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did not know what it was before i started. The guy (Carl Galloway) that did the test runs (Great guy and nice set up)brought up all his previous runs and the best stock run was 136 hp and that was a 03 f7 efi

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I got 154.3 on mine with exactly the same mods( on a different dyno) and dynos can vary that much.al though Ive got a real good remapped box. my bsfc #s were in the low 6's. not a lake runner for sure! what were your fuel #s? so powerwise, you are right there. what brought up a question mark to me was your peak rpm. mine peaked @ 8000. your 7700 seems a couple hundred low. most guys running the Y and pipe mod are about 7900 or so.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I got 154.3 on mine with exactly the same mods( on a different dyno) and dynos can vary that much.al though Ive got a real good remapped box. my bsfc #s were in the low 6's. not a lake runner for sure! what were your fuel #s? so powerwise, you are right there. what brought up a question mark to me was your peak rpm. mine peaked @ 8000. your 7700 seems a couple hundred low. most guys running the Y and pipe mod are about 7900 or so.[/b]
The timing key will lower the peak rpm, somewhere near 200 rpm's. My 03 made 142.3 hp with 98.4 tq, .690 bsfc at 7600 rpm with a 2degree key, 70 degree air temp, at a dyno facility here in western NY (mention of the business name brings out the post police!) Now that I have the Bmp pipe mod with a [email protected] Ypipe, I figure I should be near 150. Stock, my engine lost 42 hp at 8000 rpms, amazing how much difference there is with these sleds. Nikstrik, that is one awesome looking sled you have there guy!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I had a post on here before for the peak RPM. I have not dyno'd my F7 with a BMP pipe mod but it sounds like 7900 is a good target. I have been told by several people that the tach's are generally 200 RPM high, which means the tach should say 8100. What your thoughts on this? What type of placed calibrate tach's? As someone said in this post that over rev can be terrible.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All i got is 7700 rpms after that it fell flat on its face. :dunno: I"ve since found that i had a exhust valve cable was out of ajustment and installed a few more things :beerchug:
Will let ya know how they work :div20:

·
Registered
507 Posts
The stock tachs at least in digital mode are spot on from what i have seen.Those #'s are right in line from what I have seen.The peak rpm's vary from sled to sled.Not sure why but we have tested two stock sleds with the same pipe and saw a 200 rpm difference in peak power.Anyways 7700 is normal for a stocker with a timing key anyways.Without the key more like 7800 7850 but less torque and HP.Carl has some real nice equipment there and will always try to help you out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys!

I'm new on here and am looking for help with my gf's 03 F7 EFI. I would like to adjust the power valve cables to be sure they are in spec, but I am a little unsure how to measure them. I understand that the cable length (exposed) should be 34.5mm, without the cable's end fitting included.

Is this on the servo motor end or the end connected to the guillotine?

Any help on how to correctly perform the procedure would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

oh yeah a bit on the sleds - it's a 151" F7 with the cat extension kit, 2.25 paddle track, 8" riser, 144 skid setback to mount the 151" track, but otherwise all stock.

I ride a 2006 Apex Mountain if it's of any interest to anyone.

Take care,
Pneuman69

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hell every time we get some snow one or two days later it melts!! :banghead: I was going up to brimley to do some testing and tuning but they lost the snow they just got.I cant wait to see what this thing will do! Since i did my dyno i installed new pistons (wisco)and cut the head some more. my compression was 120 before with a little over 3000 miles so it was time,everybody pray for good rideable snow :div20:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.