Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to see the dyno charts on bikeman performance site to see what their mod pipe did for HP,and the last one,they add the D&D y pipe and it did not make any difference,did i read it correctly or what,if it is so,i'm very disappointed because i was planning to do both.
:doh:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Originally posted by yves F 7@Sep 8 2005, 10:46 PM
I went to see the dyno charts on bikeman performance site to see what their mod pipe did for HP,and the last one,they add the D&D y pipe and it did not make any difference,did i read it  correctly or what,if it is so,i'm very disappointed because i was planning to do both.
:doh:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866843
[/quote]
Looks like about .7hp and 100 more rpm. Also, a gain of 1.9hp at peak torque. Also, a little more fuelflow(?). Not huge. Check out dynotechresearch.com for another test of the D&D y-pipe with Bikeman's pipe mod. We have never tested with the Bikeman pipe mod.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Thats interesting because Dynotech research just installed one on a F7 they dynoed a short time ago with a BMP pipe mod as well .

Dynotech Jim reported that simply installing the y-pipe on the F7 motor with the no other changes showed a 2%gain in air flow cfm ,2+%HP and 3%peak torque . :dunno:

The 2 dyno sheets I saw on his website which explain that the y-pipe is the only change made show almost a 4 hp gain . :div20:

As far as BMP test results go .... :dunno: it is what it is ............If you were a salesman at a FORD dealership would you tell everybody coming through the door to go down the street and buy a CHEVY ????? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Bikeman has been recommending the D&D Y pipe with a 2 HP increase on a big bore kit.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I believe that the Bikeman pipe mod and D&D y-pipe both change approximately the same characteristics of the engine. The pipe alone will make 5+ hp. The y-pipe alone makes 2-3hp? Used together they don't add up to 7-8 hp....more like 5-6. I don't think you can add the HP #'s together because of the similar changes each makes to the air flow.

·
Super Moderator
5,671 Posts
I think Eric told me that the air flow with the D&D is very good and that used with his pipe was good for 6-7 hp. The Pipe mod alone is 5 hp and the y-pipe alone +3. HE has it listed for sale on his site and recomends it as a very cheap and excellent add on. I will be adding one to mine with a pipe mod done by Birch Point marine. He also recomends the D&D hardware. Can't argue with success. If I was on a budget, i think the y-pipe is the ticket for most effective and cheap gain. Nuff said!!

Jester

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Originally posted by cmscat50@Sep 9 2005, 07:30 AM
I believe that the Bikeman pipe mod and D&D y-pipe both change approximately the same characteristics of the engine.  The pipe alone will make 5+ hp.  The y-pipe alone makes 2-3hp?  Used together they don't add up to 7-8 hp....more like 5-6.  I don't think you can add the HP #'s together because of the similar changes each makes to the air flow.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867032
[/quote]

/\ /\ /\ what he said exactly. both products alone are good gains but together you can't just strickly add together the HP what they will do alone.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys,that's what i tough they are 2 good products,but for a Canadian like me,that the pipe mod whit the trouble and the $ exchange that comes whit it,will cost practically 3 times what the y pipe will cost whiteout the trouble of sending my pipe the the us and back,for a 2 to 3 hp more gain???
I think i'll save the money and put in gas,it's so f :censored: expensive anyway
the y pipe it is,thanks again.

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
Originally posted by dead1dave@Sep 9 2005, 05:48 AM
As far as BMP test results go .... :dunno: it is what it is ............If you were a salesman at a FORD dealership would you tell everybody coming through the door to go down the street and buy a CHEVY ????? :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866948
[/quote]
Come on Dave, you should know that Bikeman sells D&D stuff too. He doesn't even make his own y-pipe to compete with D&D's. You should also know, being a mod guy, that when variables on a motor change so will gains from certain mods.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Originally posted by bluebear@Sep 9 2005, 12:23 PM
Come on Dave, you should know that Bikeman sells D&D stuff too.  He doesn't even make his own y-pipe to compete with D&D's.  You should also know, being a mod guy, that when variables on a motor change so will gains from certain mods.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867368
[/quote]
My point is that I expect Erich to promote his own stuff more than anybody elses. Please don't take it as a negative comment towards him .

Spoke with D&D at haydays this morning and at this time they have no plans to dyno any of their competitors products and post their findings on their own website .

We know the pipe mod works . We know the y pipe works but they may not benifit as well when used in conjunction with each other . :dunno: Lets not start a argument .

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Originally posted by yves F 7@Sep 9 2005, 09:18 AM
Thanks guys,that's what i tough they are 2 good products,but for a Canadian like me,that the pipe mod whit the trouble and the $ exchange that comes whit it,will cost practically 3 times what the y pipe will cost whiteout the trouble of sending my pipe the the us and back,for a 2 to 3 hp more gain???
I think i'll save the money and put in gas,it's so f :censored:  expensive anyway
the y pipe it is,thanks again.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867179
[/quote]
BPC's also does the pipe mod. They are in Bobcaygen, ON. Another option for you if you want.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Originally posted by hate2looz@Sep 9 2005, 05:04 PM
BPC's also does the pipe mod. They are in Bobcaygen, ON. Another option for you if you want.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867725
[/quote]

Are the performance gains roughly the same? Also do you have more info on the company? Phone Number?

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
As far as I'm aware, yes same types of gain.

BPC

705-738-2473

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool man,thanks hate2looz,by any chance,do you now how much for their pipe mod?to bad they don't have a e-mail address

·
Registered
631 Posts
Originally posted by dead1dave@Sep 9 2005, 01:31 PM
My point is that I expect Erich to promote his own stuff more than anybody elses. Please don't take it as a negative comment towards him .

Spoke with D&D at haydays this morning and at this time they have no plans to dyno any of their competitors products and post their findings on their own website .

We know the pipe mod works . We know the y pipe works but they may not benifit as well when used in conjunction with each other . :dunno: Lets not start a argument .
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867437
[/quote]
:div20: :div20:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Personally I think Erich likes it when these guys are on here disagreeing with his findings and keeping his name on top of the board! :frech11:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts