Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so before Christmas, (middle of december) i went to Canadian tire, spent around 70 bucks, and promptly received 24$ Canadian tire money. Seems like alot doesn't it? thats what i thought. I even asked the lady why it was so much (i'm decently honest) and she said she didn't know. the only thing i can see, is that i bought a bonus item or something, and received 2495934 times the usual amount of money. its funny cause i said, hmm thats alot, and the lady looked back at the screen sure enough it said 24$, so she handed me the money. i go back the next week cause the shell advance oil was on sale two for one deal, i'm sure all the fellow sledders know the exact deal i'm talking about. Big surprise they were all out, so i got a rain check for 8 jugs, meaning i would pay for 4. they were 23.99 per jug. they told me they would be receiving a shipment of oil early in the new year. so i go to Canadian tire today to pick up the oil, grabbed 2 cases (4 jugs per case) and went up the cash. the cashier was slightly stupid, she couldn't figure out the deal. i explained you pay regular price for the jug, but get one free for each jug purchased. she didn't believe me, even after i showed her the rain check. she seemed to think it was 23.99 per case. but me being the honest guy said, no its 23.99 per jug, so i pay for this case, and get the second case free. she didn't believe me! so she called her supervisor and they talked for a while. then she goes your right. you pay for one case and get the other free. so she rings it through the total comes to 25 bucks. i again told her it was 23.99 PER JUG. but she ignored me so i said screw it. paid with the 24$ Canadian tire money i received before xmas and walked out of the store with 200bucks worth of free oil......

hows that for a deal?
if anyones lookin for some sweet deals, hit up that brantford crappy tire, you wont even have to lie, cheat or steal to get free stuff.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have had similar "deals" at home depot when buying stuff that is priced per foot.. One time it was carpet under padding. I decided to spring for the premium stuff that is about $6.00 a linear foot and got the whole roll for $6.00. Another time I was buying some 18/3 wire for my door bell and the guy measured it in meters but it is priced in feet. He gave me the 30 ft he had left on the roll but I said I needed 33ft, so he did me a favour and marked it as 6 metres, the cashier then rang it in as 6 ft. That made up for the ridiculous price they charge per foot for their bulk wire.

-R.

·
Registered
304 Posts
that's awesome. I missed out on the oil deal.

My sister is lucky the same way - at the little store near my cottage she has yet to pay for beer. She comes out with a case each time and has yet to be charged. I can't understand it - it's not like she's good looking or anything... So far - 6 cases of beer. Mind you it's bud or bud lite, but beer nonetheless.

at least you have a clear conscience!! My crappy tire store nails me on everything.

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
:smilielol:

Brains aren't required to work at Cambodian Tire.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Maybe you should turn REAL evil,and take two jugs back for a return,they'll probably give ya about 100 bucks back the rate you're going!!!!!! :yelrotflmao:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe you should turn REAL evil,and take two jugs back for a return,they'll probably give ya about 100 bucks back the rate you're going!!!!!! :yelrotflmao:[/b]
:smilielol: :smilielol: good idea! i should go bring em all back for 23.99 and get my 200 bucks!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
We went to Home depot one night to pick up wood & things. On the way out I said something was wrong with the total. The other half starts looking at the bill and says she only rang in 1 pc instead of 30pcs and only charged for 1pc instead of 3pcs of another size. I do the math real quick and figure $96 +tax in our favour. We get to the truck and there"s a shopping cart at the driver"s door and I"m thinking Oh Oh. Pull the cart away and yep two nice dents. She takes the truck to the dealer an it"s $1000 to repair. I guess we did"nt get a deal afterall!

·
Registered
602 Posts
GREAT ONE DUDE.

My g/f goes into a plce we get our steak from here in Cambridge.
She walks out with 3 BIG Beef tenderloin for 13.00 for our xmas eve dinner.
I said I bet you couldnt do that again, kid musta been looking at her ass or something.
So a week later she goes and gets 35.00 of steaks for 4.00.
She is now laughing at me as I said she couldnt do it again.

Well I get last laugh, now she is nominated to get steaks for now on so we get the good price.
And I dont have to go to the grocery store anymore.

I WIN

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I am so happy for you and if anyone gives you sh*t s tell'em to f/o. Remember they burned me when I was in a hurry the night before trail work started and realized my good rubber boots were at the cottage so go to crappy to buy a cheap pair. I look grab my size as they were closing and the next morn I meet up with the port perry crew and as I'm putting them on I realize I have two lefts. Well I have to wear them ,I have no choice. Nutter's busting my balls all day, anyway I go back and they call a manager to customer diservice cuz I'm not getting anywhere. He says "well you wore them so there's nothing I can do but if you want I close my eyes if you want to buy 2 right's". WTF, I told him, no I'll just tell everyone about my 2 lefts boot and how you store is sh*t :beerchug:

·
Registered
160 Posts
GREAT ONE DUDE.

My g/f goes into a plce we get our steak from here in Cambridge.
She walks out with 3 BIG Beef tenderloin for 13.00 for our xmas eve dinner.
I said I bet you couldnt do that again, kid musta been looking at her ass or something.
So a week later she goes and gets 35.00 of steaks for 4.00.
She is now laughing at me as I said she couldnt do it again.

Well I get last laugh, now she is nominated to get steaks for now on so we get the good price.
And I dont have to go to the grocery store anymore.

I WIN[/b]
That's not the M&M store by chance, is it? My niece works there on weekends.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I RETURNED A BUNCH OF TOOLS THAT MY PARTNER AND MYSELF BROKE OVER A PERIOD OF A YEAR OR SO. THE YOUNG GIRL GAVE ME ALL THE NEW TOOLS THEN A SLIP TO TAKE TO THE CASH. WHICH I ASSUMED WAS FOR GETTING OUT WITHOUT THEM THINKING I WAS STEALING THEM. HAND IT TO THE GIRL AT THE CASH AND SHE THEN HANDS ME $200.00 AND SOME DOLLARS. I EXPLAINED ONCE AND SHE DIDNT UNDERSTAND SO I CARRIED ON WITH MY DAY. A MAN COULD MAKE A GOOD LIVING BREAKING SOCKETS. LOL

·
Registered
211 Posts
I got a good CT story as well. Didn't fair out as well as some of you, but still a great deal. I have had a MasterCraft 18V Cordless drill for a couple of years now. They have replaced one for me, just shortly after I got it due to a faulty chuck. The charger went on this one and took out the battery. On a whim I took the complete kit back, hoping to get a new charger and maybe a battery. The young girl at the counter told me she could order in a battery, but the chargers were no longer available. I explained that it wouldn't do me much good to have 2 batteries I couldn't charge. It took a minute for the profoundness of this to sink in. Well she would have to call her manager. In the end I walked out with a brand new $159.99 18V drill, and $12.00 cash because "apparently" my drill that I got for $89.99 was in their system at $169.99. Sometimes it pays not to argue!!!!

G

·
Canadian tire is a little on the slow side. I buy my synthetic 5w30 by the case in single liter bottles, most times when they scan they only ring up the price for 1 bottle. I tell them because I do not like to steal but I guess if you tell them and they can't figure it out then it really is not stealing.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hahaha some awesome stories gents! Love that steak one!
anyone have anymore? lets hear em.
LET IT SNOW

1 - 20 of 28 Posts