Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have been seeing more and more of the dual runner carbide set up for sleds. I currently run 8" carbides up front and every so often, my ski's will get into another sled track and it is a BI*ch to control. I would say that this only happens when the conditions are right, ie packed snow. Is it really worth the extra $$$ for them? I would hate to throw $180.00 into a scag that really did not do what I need.

Just looking to see what others are running and possible some input....

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't like the concept, more drag, more chance of catching on things. Heavy as he11. I don't think they are worth half the price, let alone twice. To each their own.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
they in my opinion work like crap unless u drive real easy. the snow builds up beetween the runners and make it push. too close together. my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
12,762 Posts
Tried a set last winter on my ZR800...............yes they work absolute miracles when it comes to darting but only at the expense of bite in the corners. Took em back off 50 or so miles later.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,328 Posts
I had them on my Turbo and they worked great, sometime's you just have to lean a little more in the corners.
The last tour I did with that sled I put 8" 60* single bars on the sled, and it was ball buster to steer that Turbo for the first 1,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
There was a write up in the latest AmSnow mag. They said Duece bars corner a bit better than the Woody's or Rotein duelie's.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts