Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to ride the 600 Sabercat EXT, what a nice ride. The thing hooks up great on hard pack. Feels like it floats over the bumps. The remote electric start is really cool. I would say they need to make the trunk a little more sturdy. It was a great ride, but I think I would need the 700 after owning my F7.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
1madcat...did you get a chance to put the suspension to the test? I'm considering a Sabercat, just don't want it to bottom more than my standard f7

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, NH. It was the one that never made it to the snodeo.
Yes, the suspension was pretty soft. I didn't get to try it on big moguls, but there were some bumps. I would also say the front end stays on the ground putting it to the bar out of the hole. It has power, so the setup must be good. It had 14 miles on it and no modifications

·
Registered
47 Posts
as far as handling go, did it require as much body english at the firecats? just wonderin...as these sleds may not appeal to less aggressive riders or women if they have to really muscle the sled.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't get to do much cornering, but it seemed to need some input. It did feel nice and soft. I didn't bottom on the stuff I was riding it on, it was pretty flat though. I would think that what we have to do with our firecats will be needed when riding the sabercats. You figure a 144" track? talk about push! I think I might get one, but it's tough to decide. I might stick with the 700 firecat with the 144"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts