Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any area's or anywhere with some good drop offs/ big air jumps (natural jumps) in NH desperate here! :threadrocks:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hello Manch- We spoke last year about the Plymouth area...if you are riding out of there. I would go North towards Warren and Wentworth, once past the rocket ship in downtown Warren bear to the left just past it(not sure of the trail name or #) but this is a by-pass to the RR bed which runs down the powerlines. There are many natural obstacles that we use to jump and have fun in the pow-pow. Only bummer is they are not ridable during early season, just not enough snow but it builds up quick with wind drifts. Not too sure of the length of the powerline trail but there are many areas to have fun with stuff like this. It is not the big MTN riding like up norht but will help get some adrenaline going. This is on the North end and if you go south through Baker River the power lines that go to Newfound have some good stuff as well. Enjoy this winter and we might see you out there.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
There is once spot on the road from wentworth to plymouth where there looks to be a monster drop on the powerlines. You can see it from the road, its not a cliff but more of a really steep downhill where u can drop pretty far if u put a small booter up on top. Manch let us know if you are planning on heading down there because we wanted to check out the drop i just told you about. Maybe we can go find some more stuff in that area.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, ummm, the powerlines from rumney to... newfound were pretty cool last year, I rode that trail to death! Found some pretty cool hill climbs up in the woods from that trail too. Hit a few jumps here and there, but, it seemed like always kind of a sketchy landing if ya know what I mean. But, still my favorite "trail" of last year. I haven't ridden the powerlines up in warren though. I know what you mean about the snow situation though, the powerlines take alot of snow before they're ready to ride on. But, I did find a pretty cool place to fool around just a little ways past warren, at the base of a mountain, (won't give the name on here, don't want it to get abused if ya know what I mean) where.... with a little help of a shovel could be an ok table top.

But, any time you guys wanna meet up this winter is cool with me, I'm so sick of trail riding, all I wanna do this year is hill climbs,jumps,drop offs, and lots of powder! It's all backcountry for me this year!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
picture of me on the mentioned "Mountain" that I climbed last year with the peak in the background, 4500' high on the sled!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
few other pics from last year, 1st, pic of my buddy on top of that same mountain, 2nd the sketchy trail up that mountain (tryin to get back down) 3rd, my baby, which is for sale. Enjoy.

·
Registered
380 Posts
If your going to be doing "drops" and stuff like that on the powerlines around Newfound be VERY carefull of rocks because they are everywhere and it would be very easy to ruin your sled doing that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks for the reminder and as any sledder who wants to go OFF TRAIL, they should be away of whats underneath anywhere they intend to ride. Ride Safe and come home without any incidences.

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you are into doing jumps and fun stuff like that I personally find that sandpits are great places for that. There are a couple of them in the BRVSC trail system right off the trails, they are a blast with a couple good size drops.

[attachment=104456:attachment] [attachment=104455:attachment]

[attachment=104457:attachment]

I'll throw in 2 vidoes for kicks....

[attachment=104460:attachment]
[attachment=104462:attachment]

I know, I know, the drop on the 2nd movie is tiny but it's all i got.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeeeessss, sandpits are allright, but, what I'm really lookin for is... like a small cliff that opens up into a field or something, or a field with a huge hill in it that just needs a nice lip added to it, and.... hit it at like, 60! That's what I really want! I'm not really into jumping roads that much, but, would be willing to try one here and there. Just haven't found that right spot yet, ya know? Well, I've seen plenty of fields with awesome hills to jump, but, it seems like every lame person with Awesome natural features on thier land
posts a NO snowmobiling sign! And ofcourse I don't go, as much as I want to, I don't. I don't wanna hurt the reputation of the sport. (we have enough people that do that already!)

Yea, that drop off was pretty weak, but, ya gotta start somewhere, and.... videos are always cool! :ylsuper:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Originally posted by Manch Vegas@Oct 12 2005, 08:15 PM
few other pics from last year, 1st, pic of my buddy on top of that same mountain, 2nd the sketchy trail up that mountain (tryin to get back down) 3rd, my baby, which is for sale. Enjoy.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925720
[/quote]

What mountain is that? PM me if you don't want to share... I love trials like that...

Anyone in the twin area that wants to try some semi-closed not used trails anymore send me a PM... I got ideas. Better bring the shovel and some rope thou.. :) :augen41:

·
Registered
215 Posts
just do what we used to do....find an open area that just runs down away for a few hundred feet and build a kicker on top. if you're really hardcore, 8 hours of digging for a few hits is worth it, as long as you get the footy. ask around pittsburg/errol about Blue Ridge....it's a big clearcut on the side of a mountain. you need to wait til there is 4-5 feet of pow and it has set up a bit but it's a fun place to play. it's a tough climb after a fresh dump and last year i was the only one that could get to the top on my m7 141" and that took a few tries. it's an awesome place to build a booter and just straight air it....you can go 100+ really easy because it just runs away for 1000's of feet. I can't remember how to get there, but it is on the map. if you're ever in pittsburg, go over to north country cabins on Back Lake and look for jake. tell him dan from across the lake sent you and he'll take you to some of our spots. good luck.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Polaris Brian,
Most of those sandpits in your pics are in the Lyme Pinnacle Trail System although baker river seems to think it is on there territory.
Just the heads up this year a lot of those real good trails are actually groomed by the Lyme Pinnacle Club, but most people dont know that and that is why baker river gets best trails so much. It is really too bad.........
TR

·
Registered
380 Posts
TRMOTORSPORTS...Thankyou for that information. I was not aware of that. The trails in that area are for my money THE BEST in the state period. I always donate money to the BRVSC now that I know about the other club I will donate to them to. I go to Plymouth State so everyday I ride that area after classes from our lakehouse on Newfound Lake which I can pretty much access all of New Hampshire from there. THINK SNOW GUYS!!!!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Originally posted by TRMOTORSPORTS@Oct 15 2005, 03:25 PM
Polaris Brian,
Most of those sandpits in your pics are in the Lyme Pinnacle Trail System although baker river seems to think it is on there territory.
Just the heads up this year a lot of those real good trails are actually groomed by the Lyme Pinnacle Club, but most people dont know that and that is why baker river gets best trails so much. It is really too bad.........
TR
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=931629
[/quote]
So do theese 2 clubs feud over terratory? Do they not get along? I'm just trying to understand what your saying is this it or is it. most RIDERS start from BVRSC and assume they are rideing their trails when in fact they have crossed into another clubs terratory? Any 2 clubs feuding is not good but it seems we see it hapen all too often everywhere I hoppe its not the case here as both theese clubs are exceptional in my experiance in the area. We are all working for a common goal Hopefully we are all getting along as well

·
Registered
772 Posts
So do theese 2 clubs feud over terratory? Do they not get along? I'm just trying to understand what your saying is this it or is it. most RIDERS start from BVRSC and assume they are rideing their trails when in fact they have crossed into another clubs terratory? Any 2 clubs feuding is not good but it seems we see it hapen all too often everywhere I hoppe its not the case here as both theese clubs are exceptional in my experiance in the area. We are all working for a common goal Hopefully we are all getting along as well

No the two clubs dont feud over territory at all. You nailed it on the head, the thing is that people just assume that they are in baker river territory but they arent.
We ( lyme pinnacle) have two BR180 groomers that are both out monday-friday day and night as well as saturday night for 8-10hrs to make it smooth for sunday riders. I am not knocking baker river it is just too bad that we put all this grooming in and have awesome trails 90% of the time and year after year we get no credit for it, the other clubs get best trails every year.
Trust me the clubs get along and I am not knocking any other club but as a grommer operator it would be nice to see the lyme club get best trails just once for all the hard work that is put in.
thanks and see you on the trails this year!!!
Tyler Rich

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Thanks for the responce I was hoping that was the case. Does lyme pinnicle have a web site? are your parking area advertised ? trail map on line anywhere? It seems the only difference between you and BRVSC is they are on the web and people know about them more. Your talking about your club here is a great start but if you want recogintion people need to know where you are. BRVSC provideds excellent parking so they get recogintion. Maybe some signs on the trail saying "you are now entering Lyme Pinnicle club trails"? Directions to your clubs parking area (s) It all can help and for the record I prolly ride 3-500 miles a year over there and your trails are just as goood as BVRSC but twice last year a rider in my group flagged down a groomer operator in the BR180 for a map and he only had older maps. We all appericate all the help ever club member gives and I'll say thanks right now and hope some on theese ideas can be implimented. Another good spot to get your club known on the web is www.trailconditions.com in the NH trail report section Good Luck and happy grooming and sledding

·
Registered
772 Posts
No we dont have a website but we should get on that.
We are coming out with new maps this year so that should be a help.
I will mention all of this at the next meeting and see what we can do.
I can update on the trail conditions web site and that will help.
see ya on the trails
TR

1 - 20 of 21 Posts