Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my track on my 02 700xcsp and the speedo side bearing was still good. I may change it for good measure next year as its not a hard job at all. My question is because the bearing is quite expensive through polaris are there other suppliers of this bearing? Also i noticed that the bearing has holes in the outside of the race for greasing. Why couldnt you just buy a shelf bearing with the same dimensions and pull the inner seal and grease it that way??

·
Registered
189 Posts
I replaced my track on my 02 700xcsp and the speedo side bearing was still good. I may change it for good measure next year as its not a hard job at all. My question is because the bearing is quite expensive through polaris are there other suppliers of this bearing? Also i noticed that the bearing has holes in the outside of the race for greasing. Why couldnt you just buy a shelf bearing with the same dimensions and pull the inner seal and grease it that way??[/b]
I just changed mine, after reading many posts. The only replacement seems to be a china version with plastic seals, which many people did not recommend.

I use cheap bearings on bogey wheels, etc.... but for the hassle having it let go on a long ride or the hassle of changing it, I'd rather be safe then sorry.

Later

Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
You should be able to take the bearing number into a parts store and cross them. What we do is take the inner seal out and let the grease go in all the way around the balls. Bearing life seems to be longer.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I just did the driveshaft bearing on my '99 XC 700 SP, I have the press fit bearing, and the new bearing was from Polaris and was only marked "CHINA" and the Polaris PN (3514525)

The old bearing is marked NTN 2050 on one side, and NTN AL205 on the other side...

The NTN website does not list a AL 205, or a 2050, but it does list a 205... and the specs on it are 25mm ID, 52 mm OD 15mm width... the only difference I noticed (I did not dig out the calipers or micrometers) between the drive shaft bearing and a standard "6205" (used in your chaincase and idler wheels) is the drive shaft bearing is a self aligning unit... IE the outer race is slightly rounded... The old bearing was a shielded unit, and the new is sealed...

Here is the NTN link:

http://www.ntnamerica.com/datasheet.asp?CO...GCATEGORY=AD200

1 - 5 of 5 Posts