Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took apart my secondary to get proper belt deflection-was riding flush with secondary,have four shims in there,two .030s and two.060s,anyways removed a thicker one-belt is now riding about 1/16 above secondary,maybe a touch more.Anyways do i need to add or remove any of the washers(four of them)on the end of the shaft,in front of bushing where clutch bolt passes through large washer,then bushing,then four washers attaching clutch to shaft.Also if belt deflection is more then 1/16,like 1/8 what problems does this present????One more question,whats the main difference between 020 and 021 belts,mine has the 020 belt on f5.Anyways fill me in,my ears are open,im a little new to clutching,but taken secondary apart was very easy.Fill me in on those washers on the end of the shaft where secondary clutch attaches-scott

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
well the 021 is softer.. not really any good on these.

The small washers just keep the o-rings from being squashed too much, and/or enough to keep them sealed against the shaft..

The washers used to be there to let the clutch float a tad. Now no need.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx outdoor-you da man-i remember reading about those washers,something like 1/8 or less float-why dont they need the float anymore,and does more then 1/16 belt riding above secondary hurt anything,mines a tad bit higher -thanx scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts