Hardcore Sledder banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
well doesnt the 0.08 apply to off road stuff too?

o well i dont drink and ride. kinda hard to lay on back with a helmet on.[/b]

Here in Maine it applies to any vehicle. Motorized or not. So.. if you are drunk and on a pedal bike.... OUI (DUI) If you are mowing your lawn on a riding mower and are .08 = OUI Even on your own land !

I do not get why so many game wardens are always out writing tickets for reg numbers.. loud exhaust.. unsafe speed ect ect.. but you almost never EVER see OUI on a sled written up or whatnot. It is pathetic!

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Was at a staging area last weekend loading up my sled. Guy I know pulls up to say HI. His buddy pulls up with him then says hes going into the restaurant for a bit. The guy I know says his buddy has had 14 drinks since 10 AM and cant even stand when he gets off his sled, that's why he wont get off. To top it off he's driving an F7 and had already crashed it that day. I told him to take the key out of his buddy's sled until he sobers up.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
"Lets get drunk and race beside the highway or rip up the trails through the forest!"
If a person says it first, it sure sounds stupid!
I have never agreed with drinking and driving. Especially on something such as a sled. This is a recipe for disaster. If you want to commit suicide, do it, but don't try to take someone else with you! If you think that its great fun, your not a real sled enthusiast and you had better get help!! Booze is best left for the bullshittin' afterword!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Was at a staging area last weekend loading up my sled. Guy I know pulls up to say HI. His buddy pulls up with him then says hes going into the restaurant for a bit. The guy I know says his buddy has had 14 drinks since 10 AM and cant even stand when he gets off his sled, that's why he wont get off. To top it off he's driving an F7 and had already crashed it that day. I told him to take the key out of his buddy's sled until he sobers up.[/b]

Now like I said before it is common sense. What the hell was your buddy even doing letting a guy who has had 14 drinks ride his sled. Nice freind. I would hope my freinds would take away my key or sabatoge my sled after having 14 drinks. It doesn't matter what size of sled he rides. We have had a guy die on an indy lite going too fast around the third curve after leaving the lounge and motel he had just unloaded from. He hadn't been on a sled for quite a while and was all pumped up leaving the city and getting out riding.A few drinks and trying to keep up speared himself with a dead branch.
Another thing that is an issue is seeing a dangerous obstacle and just driving by it. Ive been told on more than one occasion from people they had seen something in the ditch ( a pallet frozen in the dirt angled up about 1 foot in the air on one end) (a chunk of culvert tore away laying in the snow) . They commented to me somebody is going to get killed if they hit that. Did they mark it NO! did they try and move it NO! I couldn't live with myself letting someone get hurt bad or killed because I didnt take 2 seconds of my precious time to fix an issue I just saw. I guess thats why accidents happen more often then they should. Do us all a favor and carry a roll of flourescent survey tape and at least mark the shit out of objects like that. Could save a life!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
"Lets get drunk and race beside the highway or rip up the trails through the forest!"
If a person says it first, it sure sounds stupid!
I have never agreed with drinking and driving. Especially on something such as a sled. This is a recipe for disaster. If you want to commit suicide, do it, but don't try to take someone else with you! If you think that its great fun, your not a real sled enthusiast and you had better get help!! Booze is best left for the bullshittin' afterword!![/b]
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Now like I said before it is common sense. What the hell was your buddy even doing letting a guy who has had 14 drinks ride his sled. Nice freind. I would hope my freinds would take away my key or sabatoge my sled after having 14 drinks. It doesn't matter what size of sled he rides. We have had a guy die on an indy lite going too fast around the third curve after leaving the lounge and motel he had just unloaded from. He hadn't been on a sled for quite a while and was all pumped up leaving the city and getting out riding.A few drinks and trying to keep up speared himself with a dead branch.
Another thing that is an issue is seeing a dangerous obstacle and just driving by it. Ive been told on more than one occasion from people they had seen something in the ditch ( a pallet frozen in the dirt angled up about 1 foot in the air on one end) (a chunk of culvert tore away laying in the snow) . They commented to me somebody is going to get killed if they hit that. Did they mark it NO! did they try and move it NO! I couldn't live with myself letting someone get hurt bad or killed because I didnt take 2 seconds of my precious time to fix an issue I just saw. I guess thats why accidents happen more often then they should. Do us all a favor and carry a roll of flourescent survey tape and at least mark the shit out of objects like that. Could save a life!

See my post in Vermont section on "Intervene?"

I see this post is from 09? Yet here we are...

41 - 47 of 47 Posts