Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
so its ok in cars, boats, trucks. gottcha[/b]

No, it is NOT ok....they have a law called .08 for cars and trucks and boats are already ZERO tolerance...you are not allowed alcohol on a boat. GOT IT??

PS When you start driving your car or truck down a ditch hitting approaches at 60-100mph then yes it should be ZERO tolerance as well.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
all im saying is that i dont think its all that bad to have one beer and eat hot dogs but as long as its one or 2 and thier not stumbiling or anything and they wait a bit to ride

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
all im saying is that i dont think its all that bad to have one beer and eat hot dogs but as long as its one or 2 and thier not stumbiling or anything and they wait a bit to ride[/b]

The problem being...how do you control that?? And even 1 or 2 effect your reactions whether you believe it or not and on a sled is the last place you need anything like that to be affected.

Why is it so hard to drink a pop or water till the sleds are on the trailer?? There is lots of time for drinking when your not riding a sled!

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
No, it is NOT ok....they have a law called .08 for cars and trucks and boats are already ZERO tolerance...you are not allowed alcohol on a boat. GOT IT??

PS When you start driving your car or truck down a ditch hitting approaches at 60-100mph then yes it should be ZERO tolerance as well.[/b]
well doesnt the 0.08 apply to off road stuff too?

o well i dont drink and ride. kinda hard to lay on back with a helmet on.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts

o well i dont drink and ride. kinda hard to lay on back with a helmet on.[/b]

Yes it does..... but it simply isn't good enough or as easy to police as ZERO tolerance would be on sleds.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i plain and simple think drinking even one while out sledding is dumb. I treat snowmobiling as a SPORT and drink things like water. Beer can be for after sledding when everyone is sitting around watching tv or something safely at the house (the bar doesn't count either unless the sleds are sitting in the garage and there is a sober driver)

(besides i would find it hard and annoying stuffing a 12 pack in the back pack with everything else and going riding.. i'll just leave it sit at home)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I find this argument funny. So many of you are saying you wont/no one should have a few beer while sledding, but rather wait until the sleds are loaded and you still have a drive a truck home. If your a firm believer of not drinking and riding, then why would you say it's okay to drink, then drive?? Sure one or two won't put you over the limit, but as you guys have said one or two can and does slow reaction time down while riding...is it not the same as in a vehicle? Please clarify, thanks

P.S whoever talks about all the drinking and riding in Moose Mountain, please remember many of those empties are from vehicles at warm up shacks. We have been on many night rides, and have often seen a truck load of drunk kids stopped at one of the shelters, so it's not all from quaders/sledders.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I find this argument funny. So many of you are saying you wont/no one should have a few beer while sledding, but rather wait until the sleds are loaded and you still have a drive a truck home. If your a firm believer of not drinking and riding, then why would you say it's okay to drink, then drive?? Sure one or two won't put you over the limit, but as you guys have said one or two can and does slow reaction time down while riding...is it not the same as in a vehicle? Please clarify, thanks

P.S whoever talks about all the drinking and riding in Moose Mountain, please remember many of those empties are from vehicles at warm up shacks. We have been on many night rides, and have often seen a truck load of drunk kids stopped at one of the shelters, so it's not all from quaders/sledders.[/b]

If you can't tell the difference between riding a sled and driving a vehicle.....maybe you shouldn't have a sled.

Bottom line is sleds are dangerous when you are stone cold sober....we are not riding them down 2-way highways that are patrolled by the RCMP.

I would never drive my truck at 80mph down a ditch and smash into an approach on purpose...are you starting to understand the difference between the two????

PS. If you think all those empties in the park are from kids in vehicles....you are fooling yourself!!!

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I will give you all a update on the MM Prov. park. The Stevenson Shelter ( from what I have been told) was been vandalized this summer by quaders and 4x4 off roaders. Many trails have 3 foot trenches from all the quads etc, many sloughs and private fields on the south side of the park, north of Arcola, have been tore up by quads, and the news I got at the last sled meeting from a few of the members is that quads and 4x4's will be banned from the park because of all the destruction a few of those folks are doing. I have talked to some local farmers and they are very upset at what the quad riders have done to there hay fields and sloughs. I bet none of these guys were drinking, so there only defense in stupidity. To see some of the evidence of what is going on in the Provincial Park go to you tube and search for "moose mountain mudders", you should find a few videos of the quads ripping up the sled trails.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I will give you all a update on the MM Prov. park. The Stevenson Shelter ( from what I have been told) was been vandalized this summer by quaders and 4x4 off roaders. Many trails have 3 foot trenches from all the quads etc, many sloughs and private fields on the south side of the park, north of Arcola, have been tore up by quads, and the news I got at the last sled meeting from a few of the members is that quads and 4x4's will be banned from the park because of all the destruction a few of those folks are doing. I have talked to some local farmers and they are very upset at what the quad riders have done to there hay fields and sloughs. I bet none of these guys were drinking, so there only defense in stupidity. To see some of the evidence of what is going on in the Provincial Park go to you tube and search for "moose mountain mudders", you should find a few videos of the quads ripping up the sled trails.[/b]

Yes. They seem to get worse and worse every year. It's too bad they give all of us a bad name!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts

P.S whoever talks about all the drinking and riding in Moose Mountain, please remember many of those empties are from vehicles at warm up shacks. We have been on many night rides, and have often seen a truck load of drunk kids stopped at one of the shelters, so it's not all from quaders/sledders.[/b]
and i took care of the the whole "Drinkin and driving" thing in my post.. if you didnt read it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm against speed that involves both sides of the trail on the corners. I don't agree with getting slammed and riding but I would much rather meet a drunk driving on his side of the trail than a retard driving on my side. You guys talk about liking to try and stick your ski up your buddies ass while riding through the twisty parts of the trail while me and my kids are coming the other way need to have your head examined.
I have an occasional beer or 4 over the day and beleive me, you would much rather meet me on the trail than some of these idiots sober. Don't complain about all the people who have a beer riding on the trail they might be the one who cleared the tree's off that friggin trail or put that curve sign up. Common sense is the most important thing in operating a snowmobile and speed in my view was made for the lakes. We had police on our rally once on snowmachines trying to police the so called bad guys. The police were the only ones who got lost and the only ones going against the traffic. Can we say retarded? They were also the only ones to leave remnants of their bumper and hood on the trail after grazing a tree. I'm glad they hit the tree and not my kid. Not all police would drive like this but like I said COMMON SENSE is the most important thing a snowmobiler has. USE IT!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Well put dookiller.I'll bet there is more than 1 poster here that is waving there finger,but still goes batshit fast when he can do the same amount of damage a drunk guy does.You all drive the speed limit all the time right???

·
Registered
47 Posts

o well i dont drink and ride. kinda hard to lay on back with a helmet on.[/b]
You need one of the new GMAX helmets, the chin flips up especially made for tippin the odd one back. :m2c: :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
223 Posts
08 laws apply to snowmobiles and atv's like any vehicle here in Canada. It's sad that there are people who can't go for a snowmobile ride without having a drink of alcohol. The fine for having alcohol in a motor vehicle in Saskatchewan is $190 and IMO that is no where near enough.
Guys are saying they would rather meet someone who is drinking than someone who is riding too fast for their capabilities but unfortunately it's usually the same idiot doing both.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
08 laws apply to snowmobiles and atv's like any vehicle here in Canada. It's sad that there are people who can't go for a snowmobile ride without having a drink of alcohol. The fine for having alcohol in a motor vehicle in Saskatchewan is $190 and IMO that is no where near enough.
Guys are saying they would rather meet someone who is drinking than someone who is riding too fast for their capabilities but unfortunately it's usually the same idiot doing both.[/b]

WELL SAID! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Bottom line is sleds are dangerous when you are stone cold sober....we are not riding them down 2-way highways that are patrolled by the RCMP.[/b]
Sled's are NOT dangerous.
It's the riders who are dangerous.

It's already been said, common sense is needed. Some people don't have it. Those people would be the "racers" on the trail and or the "drunken racers".

Believe it or not, there are plenty of groups that drink and ride slower afterwards... Because they have common sense and are 100% going to make it back to the cabin in one piece. If there wasn't any of these groups, there would be no sledders drinking at the warming huts. They'd all be dead yesterday.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Guys are saying they would rather meet someone who is drinking than someone who is riding too fast for their capabilities but unfortunately it's usually the same idiot doing both.[/b]

WELL SAID! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
As for the .08 laws, Up here in Canada if you even get caught riding a horse and over .08, you get a fine. So for all the questions on wether or not if the laws apply....up here they do. Up here, if you don`t want to drive home drunk and you pass out in your vehicle with the keys on you (doesn`t have to be in the ignition) you can be fined.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Sled's are NOT dangerous.
It's the riders who are dangerous.

It's already been said, common sense is needed. Some people don't have it. Those people would be the "racers" on the trail and or the "drunken racers".

Believe it or not, there are plenty of groups that drink and ride slower afterwards... Because they have common sense and are 100% going to make it back to the cabin in one piece. If there wasn't any of these groups, there would be no sledders drinking at the warming huts. They'd all be dead yesterday.[/b]

Believe it or not, there are plenty of groups that don't drink a drop when they ride(they save it for after the ride) and don't ride like idiots on top of that!!!

Drinking won't ever get all the dumb ones....you have to be lucky as well. Unfortunately it gets lots of innocent ones, that's the ones I'm worried about!!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts