Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe people are still drinking and riding in this day and age.I ride a lot up in the moose mountains(you see it everywhere) and I can't believe we have this general age of riders I would say 35-50 years old that think it is OK to go sit at a warm up shack and drink all day and go riding!you would think they would realize that there are inocent people and families with kids out on these trails trying to enjoy life and have quality family time!what the hell would these morons do if they had a collision and killed someones kid(s)because of there lack of respect for people and life in general.I am guessing these fellows are the same type that most likely do it in a vehicle too so maybe I am wasteing my time posting about this type of person,but to me this is serious!personally if you go out at drink and ride and kill yourself nobody really cares but you kill an inocent person or family out trying to enjoy the sport ,than there should be hell to pay!You know I really don't think it is a big deal to go for a ride and have a beverage,but sitting around shacks drinking like horses is rediculous.anyway just my 2 cents and some food for thought!
PS: I do NOT appologize in advance if offend one you fine outstanding gentleman men who contribute so much to society!

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
Most of our warm up shacks have bags full of empty beer cans...Have seen many a family out for a ride, with all the food, plus a 15 pack of beer...Nothing wrong with having 1...but not 1 box....Keep safe...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of our warm up shacks have bags full of empty beer cans...Have seen many a family out for a ride, with all the food, plus a 15 pack of beer...Nothing wrong with having 1...but not 1 box....Keep safe...[/b]
your right 1 is ok but not a box

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can`t agree more anteater. Its up to us sober sledders to stop the drunk sledders if this sport is going to continue.[/b]
well my post may be a little harsh ,but it makes a person pretty angry to think about what could happen ,especially if it happened to one of my kids now that they are old enough to go for a ride with me,or my wife or family members

·
Registered
86 Posts
There is way too much alcohol happening out there and way too many accidents. I refuse to ride with drunks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
you shouldnt offend anybody w ur post
i agree 100%
i wish they would look at the death penatly more
i beleive- you take a life, you should lose yours

a beer at the warmup shack, or after you get to the truck to load up...cool...

more than that, your just plain askin for it

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Again, agreement.

I, for one, tend to ride pretty hard. And if I was under ANY influence, I am sure it would be a recipe for disaster.

We must always remind ourselves of consequences. Is it worth it?

For me the rush of a nice flight over a approach, or a good hill climb through a cornice, or a quick chase of a friend down a windy trail are all the mood enhancement I need.

Stay safe. Think of others. Keep our sport alive.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Drunk sledder beware a new program is being started similar to TIPS turn in poachers, it's called TIDS turn in drunk sledders, yeh I came up with that all by myself anteater. seriously though! It's up to all of us to turn these folks in to the RCMP or CO's, the garbage cans are full to the top with empty whiskey and beer cans at all the Moose mtn provincial park shelters as of tonight. :dead:

·
Registered
101 Posts
not harsh at all anteater. i cant agree with you more. you added in about killing someones kid. what about a father or mother? the same point i know but it just boggles the mind to try and understand what these people think when they load up a windshield/ saddle bag full of beer or their drink of choice. i have no problem with having one drink while out, but only one no matter how far apart the drinks are. to be honest i'd rather have a bottle of gatorade with me. there are dangers in this sport no matter how you look at it and these idiots are contributing to more minor and serious incidents every year. ride safe

·
Registered
181 Posts
In fact what do you need "one beer" for? Do you really need it that bad? Have a bottle of water if you're thirsty. Save the beer for AFTER your ride.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
A shot today from a shelter at Moose Mtn Prov.Park, a 15 pack of coors light and empty cans everywhere. why don't people at least pack the garbage back out with them![attachment=443455:03_08_08_014.jpg]

·
Registered
258 Posts
A shot today from a shelter at Moose Mtn Prov.Park, a 15 pack of coors light and empty cans everywhere. why don't people at least pack the garbage back out with them![attachment=443455:03_08_08_014.jpg][/b]

Some of the outdoor( streetpeople) would have a hayday if they had a sled :sarcasm:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i usually just bring water or pop, something i can chug when i thirsty, if i have a beer im more thirsty. most the time i see hot 100 or shnapps on the trail, apparently to warm them up.

i was at a shack and these guys were drinking hard so they were just leaving so we jumped on the sleds and pinned it, i dont want to be behind a bunch of drunks, and i came flying into a opening and there was a family stopped there, kinda a stupid spot in the first place to stop but if those drunks went whipping threw there they could have hit a kid

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
anteater----grow a sac. as long as they arnt pinned out on the trail im fine with my parents and others having a few

·
Registered
407 Posts
Any drunk that hits my wife or kid on the trail or roadways is gonna pay big time. That goes for every guy I ride with too. you hurt their family your gonna pay!! THINK ABOUT IT NEXT TIME YOU HAVE A FEW DRINKS.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
anteater----grow a sac. as long as they arnt pinned out on the trail im fine with my parents and others having a few[/b]

You should grow a brain dillweed!!!

Snowmobiles aren't safe most the time when you are stone sober because of the power to male brain ratio problem....and I'm in the same boat here as well, but to take that problem and even add one drink is pure insanity. I love a couple of beers as much as the next guy, but on sleds, quads & motorcycles it should be ZERO tolerance!!!

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
You should grow a brain dillweed!!!

Snowmobiles aren't safe most the time when you are stone sober because of the power to male brain ratio problem....and I'm in the same boat here as well, but to take that problem and even add one drink is pure insanity. I love a couple of beers as much as the next guy, but on sleds, quads & motorcycles it should be ZERO tolerance!!![/b]
so its ok in cars, boats, trucks. gottcha

1 - 20 of 47 Posts