Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. two part topic
Lets do a count up for Dragon owners in ny.
I'LL start it off by being number 1(next dragon owner to post just count up and use number 2 and so on)

Second part is where are you guys gonna put your registration number sticker?
I can't find a decent place to put mine.
Maybe in the middle of that funky looking X on the bottom over thedragon's tail.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'll be #2 from Central New York. I was thinking about having some reigistration numbers made in the same old english type lettering as the "Fusion" on my sled. Theres room for 2" lettering/numbers along the bottom panel. Those registration stickers are a huge bucket of ugly. I'll carry them in my sled if law enforcement has a problem. :frech11:

·
Registered
111 Posts
#3 in central ny. I have no idea what i am going to do with my no. I've sat and looked at it 10 time trying to figure something out. :dunno:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for feedback.
I keep looking at mine too and can't decide. It sure is a F-upped law.
I like the idea of the #'s but I thought that was only legal for pre 1995 sleds.
Does anybody know for sure about the numbers thing?
I like your idea DRAGONMAN, I have allready taken off that Fusion sticker and maybe #'s like you are saying in white might look good there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
#4 Dragon owner....Western NY, Livingston county.

Here's what DMV has to say, it doesn't use the words Illegal or New York State law but ...

Snowmobiles
Does my snowmobile require a registration in New York State?

Snowmobile registration numbers are permanently assigned to the snowmobile when it is first registered. If you have a snowmobile that was first registered before August 1995, you must supply the numbers that attach to your snowmobile. You must display those numbers on each side of the snowmobile hood. The numbers must be:

made from a reflective material,
block style and 3 inches high or taller,
a color different from the hood and easy to see.
Be sure to include a hyphen or a space between the last number and the capital letters.

After August 1995, new snowmobile registrations receive a Registration Decal set. Attach the decals to each side of the hood. Validation stickers are issued annually. Put the stickers on the upper left-hand corner of the decal. Put the annual validation stickers to the left of the numbers on snowmobiles registered before 1995.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts