Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I KNOW THAT THE PROTOTYPE HAD 139.1 HP AT 8100 RPM AND 91.5 LB TORQUE. IS THERE SOMEBODY WHO MAKE A DYNO RUN WITH HIS NEW ONE?
RUMORS TALKED BETWEEN 143-149HP!!

BY THE WAY, WHICH ONE IS THE BEST BETWEEN SLP HIGH FLOW AIR HORN WITH FLOW RITE INTAKE FILTER OR HIGH FLOWAIR FILTER WITH PREFILTER??

I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THIS SLED, I BEAT UP A LOT OF MACH Z 1000AND ONE ZR 900 MOD. ON 1000 FEET WITH MY STOCK DRAGON!! GREAT ACCELERATION BUT THE TOP END SUFFER A LITTLE BIT( 104 MPH COMPARE TO 110 FOR THE OTHERS). THE ONLY SLED THAT BEAT ME UP RIGHT FROM THE START WERE A F7 WITH A ELECTRONICBOX DRAG.( HE LOOKS LIKE A STOCK SO HE CAN COMPETES WITH ME!)

LITTLE WORKS WITH CLUTCHE AND GEARS AND MAYBE I CAN BEAT THIS F7 !?( MAYBE 10-66G WITH 23-40 GEARING??)

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
SLP faxed me their piped vs stock hp dyno graph and it shows the stocker at about 139hp and the pipe at 145hp. SLP hp numbers are usualy on the conservative side and more what your going to see IMO. Pipe curve vs stock curve don't differ much through the power band, with the extra 6hp starting to come on at aprox. 7800 and peak at 8400. Said their working on twins/heads/ porting but didn't have any numbers. Heard EPI clutch kit worked good on the 600. Might try their kit for the 700 if they have one out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have 200miles and there was 1 mach z 06 with clutch kit and porting and 1 mach z 07 stock.
for my dragon i'm gonna put a speedwerx titanium spring ( 150- 300) with adjustable weights and stock sec. clutch ( 66-44helix red black team)
but for the gearing ( 23-39) i don't know yet?? ( 600 FEET DRAG)

G

·
GREAT ACCELERATION BUT THE TOP END SUFFER A LITTLE BIT( 104 MPH COMPARE TO 110 FOR THE OTHERS).

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!![/b]
Check to make sure the the primary will get full shiftout with a new belt,the ones we've seen had to be fixed to get full shiftout to get your top speed.110 MPH on radar is easily accheived after this,providing everything else is set up properly(secondary,belt to sheave clearance,suspension.......etc.).

G

·
Your power is at 8250 RPM guys I suggest u clutch it so it slams to 8300 RPM then comes back down to 8000 RPM than climbs to 8300 RPM(500 to 600 feet),no matter what combo u chose.Proper suspension set up is what gets u do the track and u need to properly transfer out of the hole.4 inch ride in sag at the rear is good,just get ur front so u don't have to much sky pressure and not to litle either.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
From Snowest:

Freak, I have now done another dyno test with the slp pipe, hoping this time I would see some results after doing a bunch of mods to the dragon. My Dragon now has a mild port, head cut, all the Slp air intake parts, holes in the air box, MBRP can, new high flow Y pipe and v-force reeds. The pipe still gave me no gains, no loss but no gain so I am back running the stock pipe and light can. The engine is still rich with all of this done to it, I have made some gains but not enough to do anyone of these mods except the head cut and maybe the reeds but even that is questionable for 2 hps. I must have 25 to 30 dyno runs on my sled now and have had it to the mountains 6 times, it is the finest sled I have ever owned but it is short on hp. My stock dyno numbers are coming in at 130 to 131hp, I thought that this was a little low so I checked with another local dyno shop and he came up with the exact same numbers. Also found that if you take off the hood you will get 2 to 3 more hp even if you have the Big horn air kit and the extra inlets in the hood. Not sure where to go from here, when I go out against my other 2 stock Dragons I beat them only by a little on the hill and on the flat I am no better. I would like to see if we could get more people giving us unbiased hp numbers from the stock Dragon, we have the one of the greatest sleds made but we need a little power to go with it. Yes we could turbo it and make some good power gains but that puts us in a hole different game, I would like to see it make 145 to 150hp naturally aspirated. Hey I maybe happy if we could get the claimed 140 out of the box with the hood on.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
How many 700 Dragon owners have read the spark plugs & piston color or wash, are they rich or tan color porcelain with burn line to ground electrode bend radius?

A friends 700 Dragon with 350 miles, spark plugs are light tan porcelain, runs great.

At 83 miles on my boggy 121” Dragon, 118 psi compression, spark plugs & piston color are pig rich, no oil in gas, with hard running in warm weather. My dealer to check on the vapor separator service bulletin S-07-01 on Monday before he checks it out. The first 26 miles with a quart of oil in gas, it fouled out 6 spark plugs, 7 MPG, but yes hard running up to 80 MPH.

At this time (If PooDog jacks me around like years past, I have a short fuse!!!) I am considering trading my very darty (cheap 3” single carbides) boggy poor running 700 Dragon on a Fast Excellent running with electric start $7900 for a 07 600 SDI Ski-Doo Renegade with 4” dual carbides, like my wife has!!!!!!!!! Sorry but I am not felling very well & have a poor attitude toward PooDog, Excellent dealer.

How many $10,000.00 07 Dragons run excellent, fast, 15 MPG min, if not darty then added Woody dual carbides, & starts good?????
Hope most of you folks have excellent running 700 Dragons!!! Good Luck; Rich

·
Registered
310 Posts
I beat two clutched F7's and a new stock F8 with my stock Dragon on a lake over Christmas break. The F8 owner was not happy with his sled. Maybe it was a dud?

I rode a friend’s Mach Z last year and I don't think my Dragon could touch it on the lake, but on the trails and in the bumps the Z would certainly fall behind.

The Dragon is definelty the king of the rough trails. It is the best rough trail sled I have ever owned.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
And WOOD, take the AC off your avatar (Previous sleds: "nothing but Polaris".[/b]
No can do. Current ride is a Crossfire. Owned nothing but Poos (8) but got burned by the Fusion deal. Had to switch but will likely be back if the Dragon is 'the new beginning'. Killer sled.....too bad they weren't ready in '05.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thank you brock.

i'm really surprise to see the dragon with 131hp????

i think the only way to get it leaner is buying a boondocker. i don't want to spend 600$ for this so i order a set of slp high flow air filter.
will it get too lean??? i'm gonna check the temperature.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thank you brock.

i'm really surprise to see the dragon with 131hp????

i think the only way to get it leaner is buying a boondocker. i don't want to spend 600$ for this so i order a set of slp high flow air filter.
will it get too lean??? i'm gonna check the temperature.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts