Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my dragon tonight and all the sudden it was running rough and died. I look under the hood and my primary clutch is just laying there. It broke off. so my crank is junk. The trails are perfect around here to so im not to happy.

·
Banned
8,101 Posts
I was riding my dragon tonight and all the sudden it was running rough and died. I look under the hood and my primary clutch is just laying there. It broke off. so my crank is junk. The trails are perfect around here to so im not to happy.[/b]
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
I would like to see a picture of that !!! Sucks big time !!! I hate to hear that stuff when you pay big bucks for such a short season sport.

·
Banned
8,101 Posts
I was riding my dragon tonight and all the sudden it was running rough and died. I look under the hood and my primary clutch is just laying there. It broke off. so my crank is junk. The trails are perfect around here to so im not to happy.[/b]
You own a new 08 and you have owned a 07 also at the age of 14 ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would have taken pictures but we already took it to the dealer. Yes I did have a 07 and a 08. I am very lucky to have a dad that is really into snowmobling and buys me snowmobiles. My dad buys me the snowoibles becasue all summer I work on are dairy farm every day. I also work alot of days after school. I know that all my work probly wouldnt add up to how much the snowmobiles cost but I guess I just have a really cool dad!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We got there right as they were closing and the mechanics were gone but we cought a salesmen. He just said it looks bad and that I have really bad luck because last year my 600 cfi blew up because of lack of oil earely in the season. They also said it will be first in line and will look at it early tomarrow. But Im thinkin Im not gonna get it back for a while and my dad is to say the least not happy.

·
Registered
477 Posts
We got there right as they were closing and the mechanics were gone but we cought a salesmen. He just said it looks bad and that I have really bad luck because last year my 600 cfi blew up because of lack of oil earely in the season. They also said it will be first in line and will look at it early tomarrow. But Im thinkin Im not gonna get it back for a while and my dad is to say the least not happy.[/b]
They should be able to get you a new crank AND clutch in two days- it is very possible, just have the dealer lean on 'em a little.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can you be a little more specific? How many miles? Had you blown any belts previously? Were you running wide open when it happened? When this happened with the old 800s, the engine would still run fine. It sounds very unusual here that the engine would suddenly run rough and die and the drive clutch just drops into the belly pan. Usually there is a lot more excitement than that - something like a bang followed by the clutch trying to escape from under the hood.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I had an 06 600 fusion lock up last year with only 500 miles on it. We took it to the dealer and got it back in less than 48 hrs with a new top end. All we had to pay was for overnight shipping for the parts. We dropped it of at around 10 am on a wed. picked it up fri morrning. We have bought a lot of sleds from this dealer so they kinda give us priority. The problem ended up there was a rivet (cut off end) that was in the air box from the factory. Some how it got all the way into the top end? Don't know if that is even possable (sp) but that was what they told us. I would call your dealer and offer to pay the frieght.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Yes I did have a 07 and a 08. I am very lucky to have a dad that is really into snowmobling and buys me snowmobiles.[/b]
I would just like to say it is cool you admit that. There are too many young people in these forums that think they buy new snowmobiles, when in reality it is mom and dad. You seem to have a good sensible head on your shoulders, and you respect your dads gifts...Cool!!!

Hope you get it figured out!!!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks golfer. My sled had 1520 miles and I have blown one belt. I was coming up to a stop sign and the whole sled was just vibrating then the motor winged really high so i quick hit the kill switch. First I thought I blew a belt so I open up the hood and my belt off but not broken so I start putting the belt back on and the clutch broke off as soon as I touched it. It will not run.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dealer said 1 to 2 weeks. My dad is thinking about getting a tnt now. Then when I get my dragon back hes going to sell his fusion and drive the tnt.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Dealer said 1 to 2 weeks. My dad is thinking about getting a tnt now. Then when I get my dragon back hes going to sell his fusion and drive the tnt.[/b]
DO NOT BUY ONE, IF you do buy MINE. They have more issues than a 03 F-cat and a 05 Fuse combined, wasted alot of winter riding the TNT in the truck bed back and forth from dealers rather than on the trail.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dealer said 1 to 2 weeks. My dad is thinking about getting a tnt now. Then when I get my dragon back hes going to sell his fusion and drive the tnt.[/b]
That's poor! Your dealer should be able to get a new bottom end in 2 or 3 days and install it in a day. Who is your dealer?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts