Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from my dealer today and their Dragons have finally been delivered. They were delivered today and they are going to put it together tomorrow. Hopefully I will pick it up tomorrow night and get it studded by the end of the weekend. Now all we need is snow so we all can get some riding in. Looks like there may be a storm on New Year's day. Pray for snow.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Got a call from my dealer today and their Dragons have finally been delivered. They were delivered today and they are going to put it together tomorrow. Hopefully I will pick it up tomorrow night and get it studded by the end of the weekend. Now all we need is snow so we all can get some riding in. Looks like there may be a storm on New Year's day. Pray for snow.[/b]
About time! Have fun with it!

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will let you take for the day if there is enough snow to go riding. Ya right. I probably would not even take it out on the pond. If I am going to ride it I want to beat the snot out of it to break her in right. Can not wait to actually ride the thing to see if is as good as advertised. :div20:

·
Banned
17,243 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Will be taking it out for a ride today to go thru first tank of premix.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
So, Rob - did he tear up your lawn with this new 1 to 2 inches of snow when he got home with his new Dragon? I'd rather have him ride if just in case something happens, I wouldn't want him to think it was something I did again.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did not tear up Rob's lawn but I took her for a spin on the dealers lawn. Hard to see while snowing and no eye protection. In the 1/4 mile I rode it felt extremely light and throttle was crisp. I was a little leary on the graphics but the sled looks bad ass in person. :div20: The black with red accents looks cool. I absolutely can not wait to take it for a real beat run. Just need some snow to do so. :fluffy:

G

·
I can't wait to Tony Stewart your but!!! C-Ya next weekend. When we studding that baby up????[/b]
An 800 that weighs more than 40lbs. and has the same HP,you do the math .I've tested some Dragons and some new 800 cats and 800 rev's in 500' of grass.All were stock from factory.As for your Tony Stewart it was over 4 tenths of a second behind the Dragon consistantly in 500 feet as the rev was about the same as the cat.A tenth of a second is 1 sled length,so the cat was over 4 sled length's behind everytime.We did 5 races with the stock set ups.I'm immpressed with the Dragon right out of the box,but still doing some testing to make it work better.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ripped it up my drive way today and down the road to 02zr600crosscountry house today. There can not be more than 2 inches of snow on our road(not paved). I just can not help myself my thumb is ready to go. My cousin said I must be getting soft in my old age. I told him I need to get it out because this is probably the only snow we will see this year :banghead:.

Brock, I hope you are right with your testing. It would be nice to open up a can of whoop ass on F700's Tony Stewart edition and his brother's F8. We will have to wait and see. We all had F7s prior to this and there 03s, mine was an 04, were much faster than mine with 1.375 inch track. I ride with these guys all the time and there sleds have kicked my ars for years. They did always mod their ZR 800s but their F7s were just flat out faster than mine. I do think it was soley because of the bigger track on my 04 F7. It would be good to see this Dragon out perform their F8s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.