Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you're going to go to that trouble, why not put in an rMotion and really improve things? Just a thought
Here in Sweden it's what I found, not as easy as in the states, it's a nice skid has the Walker Evans clickers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think the dragon is similar to the fusion skid for measurements..?

the newer tunnels are narrower than the old stuff, so you'll need to fab up some 1/4" spacers to go inside the tunnel on the xc
That's for an edge i have a wedge 98

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I found a Dragon at the local Polaris dealer, but it's not the same?
I measured everything anyway, I'm assuming mine mounts the same but it has arms all the way down in the back?
T

·
Premium Member
6,836 Posts
I found a Dragon at the local Polaris dealer, but it's not the same?
I measured everything anyway, I'm assuming mine mounts the same but it has arms all the way down in the back? View attachment 2121991 T View attachment 2121992
are you certain ones not a 136' dragon switchback and the other a shorty ?

mine started life as the original dragon shorty 121(07') that i extended with rail extensions to 144 but still mounts the same as when it was 121.

im off tomorrow.ill get out and get photos and take measurements for ya.
Cloud Sky Snow Plant Light
Saw Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Vehicle
Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
That's for an edge i have a wedge 98
see first post in that thread: "The one without a name is fusion "
measurements will all be relative to driveshaft and tunnel in the receiving chassis

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
That looks like the one or 2 year only 2009 and 2010 dragon SP skid. Not the same as 07 dragon or 08. Or 136 dragon in 09 possibly. It will have different measurements again for mounting
Ok where could I find that?
But I'm thinking it can't be that hard to measure between the Xtra 10 and the new one, i have measured with them side by side and started to make the mounting reinforcements

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Ok where could I find that?
But I'm thinking it can't be that hard to measure between the Xtra 10 and the new one, i have measured with them side by side and started to make the mounting reinforcements
You would need the sled the skid is out of to get proper measurement. Mostly the distance back from the front drive, and then center to center on the mounting bolts. Up and down is less important since you are mostly going to change ride height like that. the center to center will effect the coupling and if wrong things could bind up before hitting the bump stops. And distance from the drive back is going to effect if you track is going to be the right length (this one could be easily figured out)

·
Registered
44,753 Posts
The iq skid itself really doesn't perform any better than the edge skid. Its the iq chassis's a-arm suspension, and rider forward design thats better.

·
Premium Member
6,836 Posts
The iq skid itself really doesn't perform any better than the edge skid. Its the iq chassis's a-arm suspension, and rider forward design thats better.

and the shocks. boss seat = just as good rider forward.if perch hes after or ride, id say a seat upgrade / shock upgrade would get him further then skid replacement..unless hes replacing with a longer skid to run a longer track ..replacing 121 for a iq 121 ..i dunno if its even worth the hassle , but thats just my opinion i guess.

edge with good shocks and a boss seat = every bit as good as an iq. I have both sitting in my shed right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
It's just that I don't have an edge, it's a 98 Xc with the Xtra 10, so this will be a great upgrade

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Only thing I'm abit confused about is the flat of shaft, does the dragon have that bigger thicker shaft?
From where should I measure?

·
Premium Member
6,836 Posts
It's just that I don't have an edge, it's a 98 Xc with the Xtra 10, so this will be a great upgrade
right ...i forgot .lol.my bad.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Only thing I'm abit confused about is the flat of shaft, does the dragon have that bigger thicker shaft?
From where should I measure?
I would just guess a bit. You can estimate where the flat would be if it were a hex shaft. If you get too far back the only possible issue would be track adjustment. Too far forward could ram a rail into something maybe? I just don't see being out a half inch on that measurement being that big of a deal.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts