Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sitting here pondering the next move for my 07 dragon 121
All updates are done.

Try the RMK ecu in the flats?
Try to get 08 fuel map?
Fuel Pres regulator?

Looking at the parts breakdown, the 600 and 700 have the same throttle body part#'s.
Is this why the 6 & 7 run so close?
Are the injectors oversized and/or the tb's undersized for the 700's and matched closer for the 6
mine has red injectors. Who knows the difference. Red, Yellow, Blue

Reading online that the 800 T/B is bigger. more air + same fuel=leaner.
Does anyone know if the intake spacing on the 800 is the same?
Carls Cycle offers larger throttle bodies on their cfi big bores. wonder if they bore them or use others.
What is the spacing 6/700 vs 800

Priced them at about $290
bout the same $ for Boondocker or Pure Logic box.

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 800 129", 2019 Indy 850 129", 2011 IQ Turbo 121"
2,865 Posts
All updates are done.

Try to get 08 fuel map?
Fuel Pres regulator?

Looking at the parts breakdown, the 600 and 700 have the same throttle body part#'s.
Are the injectors oversized and/or the tb's undersized for the 700's and matched closer for the 6
Carls Cycle offers larger throttle bodies on their cfi big bores. wonder if they bore them or use others.

Thanks for any input[/b]
I have an '07 700, also with "Red" injectors, so its basically the same as yours. My ECM is coded "RMK" - I don't know of anyone who has posted that theirs is coded differently. I don't believe there is any difference in the ECM programming between the RMK and flatland sleds, because the ECM compensates for temperature and barometric pressure anyway. As for injector color coding, the injectors are "grouped" based on flow rate so a set of injectors will deliver a predictable amount of fuel. My understanding is that Red flows the least fuel, Yellow is the "middle" group and Blue flow the most fuel. The ECM programming is supposed to be matched to the injector flow rate. Since I haven't seen the process a tech has to go through to update the ECM programming, I don't know how easy it might be to mess it up (like when the "reflash" update was done). As far as the 600/700 running close to each other, there are a number of factors there. First, not all 600s do run close to the same. There are a number of 600 CFI owners who complain about similar issues as the 700 guys do. Next, all the way back to the '06 Fusion 600s, there have been a few owners whose sleds just didn't perform. Most of them were able to trace the issue to setup (timing, fuel, clutching) or some electrical issue (stator, etc.) and get their sled running decent. Problem is that with the CFI sleds, the owners can do little about the setup. Unless they can find a malfunctioning component, they are pretty much stuck. In addition, its widely known that the 600s have always run very strong, so Polaris has a good historical "baseline" for setup and tuning. Further, the 600 motor is widely used in various forms of oval, terrain and Sno-X, so there is much effort in development put forth by Polaris to produce the hottest stock 600 on snow. The 700 has no widespread use in any factory supported racing, thus much less development time. Yet another factor is the setup of the '07 700s. They were geared the same as the 600, but the 600 produced power at 200-300RPM more than the 700. Out on the lake, the 700 "runs out of gear" where the 600 keeps going. Worse yet, the 700s had "suspect" clutching setup - many tended to over-rev, likely running at engine speeds where the motor didn't actually produce any more power than the 600. Remember than by the time power hits the track, its only about 50-60% of actual engine HP, so a 125HP 600 and a 135HP 700 are only perhaps 5HP different at the track assuming similar "quality" of clutch setup. Put a bad setup in the 700 and they'll end up very equal.

As far as your throttle body question goes, intake spacing on the 800 is the same - I believe Carls literature says they use 800 throttle bodies on their big bore 700 stuff. However, I don't think you'll have any luck trying to swap them on a stock motor. The 800 throttle bodies will probably flow as much at 3/4 throttle as the 700 will at WOT. The CFI system isn't "smart" enough to know what to do with that sort of change. Your motor probably won't run much above idle unless the ECM is reprogrammed accordingly. If you really need to try something, a fuel control box (several available) is probably the best bet.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
All updates are done.

Try to get 08 fuel map?
Fuel Pres regulator?

Thanks for any input[/b]
The 600cfi is faster than 700 because of a higher operating rpm and the 700 being under geared.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The 600cfi is faster than 700 because of a higher operating rpm and the 700 being under geared.[/b]

So what if you change your gears to a 42/24 and still get smoked?

There is an ecu/timing/sensor/fuel map thing going on here, but for the life of me, why do some dragons fly??????? Why arn't the sleds so similar?
Are those guys lying or what about my sled could be soooo off?

Are there any owners or techs on here that if my ECU says yellow injectors they could install the "red" injector program? Does the ECU even offer that?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your inputs.
Don't have a lot of time on this sled yet.

stock clutching
Made a couple of runs against a Yam fx nytro.
same out of the hole, and i start to creep away at 80 with stock clutching.
Was low on rpm,7950
Nytro has the Hauk Git-R-Dun kit on it.
Have now clutched it to 08 specs, and will change the gearing as soon as it warms up a bit. been below zero for the last few days.

anybody use the Pro Logic / Attitude Industries box?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
All updates are done.

Try to get 08 fuel map?
Fuel Pres regulator?

Thanks for any input[/b]

Not sure if it will work yet, but if the 800's air box is the same , I would like to know if the tubes in the air box on the 800 are larger then the 700's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts