Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you have a chance to run your 2007 or 2008, 700 Dragons on radar gun at marked 500' 1000' 2000' on ice or hard pack, would like to hear what your getting and in what conditions.
Thanks BR

·
Registered
47 Posts
i hit 95 so far, but i am still running mixed gas, and i was running on snow, not even hard packed. so i am gonna go out this weekend on the ice and give her a run. hoping to break 105 at least. I keep fouling plugs though. so i am gonna try the iridium plugs, hopefully that will fix it. anyone running the iridiums??

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hit 95 so far, but i am still running mixed gas, and i was running on snow, not even hard packed. so i am gonna go out this weekend on the ice and give her a run. hoping to break 105 at least. I keep fouling plugs though. so i am gonna try the iridium plugs, hopefully that will fix it. anyone running the iridiums??[/b]

so that was using a radar gun I take it,

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ive got 110 gps and speedo stock 07 gearing slp pipe cluthing and well studded, probably about 1500 to 2000 feet not sure on length.

·
Registered
385 Posts
What do you have for clutching?[/b]
slp black/pink primary, use that spring it is not the same as the polaris black/green they are measured differently, 65 mtx wieghts 3gin outer, 1g inner, stock 07 secondary. I am 255 with no gear, if you are considerably lighter you need more wieght.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you have for clutching?[/b]

so how dose it pull compared to stock set up, any difference in top mph with this set up compared to stock, by the way what helix are they running in the 07 dragon.
thanks BR

·
Banned
17,243 Posts
66-44-.48 I believe. Not too sure on the last number tho.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I hit 102 on a long stright away on the trail. Once it hit 102 it went like back down to 98 and climbed back up again so idk what thats about.

36 Posts
104 was the fastest i got mine on hard packed. All recalls and its 100 % stock, it was the sled's 2nd ride to so i asume there's a few more to go. No prb's keeping the speed up either. I'm about 175 so i dont know about that whole weight thing ...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so far , from what I am hearing the Dragon is doing pretty good for what it was desinged for , ditch banging, trail, corner to corner. to be honest ,im pretty happy with my sled so far even know I have not had much time on it , it pulls hard, i mean it could pull a little harder but for a out of the box sled I think Polaris did a awesome job. However if your looking for speed out of a twin your not going to get as much as a tripple, I mean sure you could maybe get another 10 mph out of it, but then your changing alot of things. I think a helix change would help my self, maybe a steeper begining. as soon as we get some more snow I will be trying some new things along with some old tricks and let you all no my findings.
BR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts